Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 21, 2013, 06:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'll take a look and read through.
No error code. Wireless adaptor does not power up, even with controllers plugged in the main Ring is lit centre green with none on the outside edges. Both controllers plugged in are solid green on there X ring.

No video signal to TV.

I may have to grab that X-fer cable and bring everything over to an S once I find one. I could go Kijiji too or a gamestop for a used one but that's dubious at best in quality.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Regardless, its had a damn good life.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 22, 2013, 10:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

sound if PSU trouble try another brick
Old June 22, 2013, 10:24 PM
Rookie

A first gen goes for like 80 bucks, and you cant transfer music and movies but dlc and games like minecraft bought over the store is transferable with ur live account
Old June 22, 2013, 11:19 PM
Allstar

But you won't know how long it will last and if the machine was banned from XBox Live. The problem with XBox 360 is that you really need to know which generation it is. If you got a very very early first gen one, it's basically a time bomb. If you can't repair it for less than $70, may as well just buy a new box. If you have access to a US mail box, Amazon is selling a 4GB Slim S for $180 with free shipping. Add one of those HDD case and just swap in your existing HDD.
Old June 23, 2013, 08:20 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow View Post
But you won't know how long it will last and if the machine was banned from XBox Live. The problem with XBox 360 is that you really need to know which generation it is. If you got a very very early first gen one, it's basically a time bomb. If you can't repair it for less than $70, may as well just buy a new box. If you have access to a US mail box, Amazon is selling a 4GB Slim S for $180 with free shipping. Add one of those HDD case and just swap in your existing HDD.
I was at Best Buy yesterday and they had the 4GB 360S for $199 with Assassin's Creed 2. I see no reason to buy from the US.
Old June 23, 2013, 10:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Damn, went to turn on my XBOX360 today, and low and behold, it doesn't boot up anymore. Green light comes on, but the ring of lights never lights up like it normally does.

You guys jinxed me!

I'll try replacing the x-clamps just for fun, if it fixes it then great, if not, oh well. Gives me something to do
Old June 23, 2013, 11:11 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Damn, went to turn on my XBOX360 today, and low and behold, it doesn't boot up anymore. Green light comes on, but the ring of lights never lights up like it normally does.

You guys jinxed me!

I'll try replacing the x-clamps just for fun, if it fixes it then great, if not, oh well. Gives me something to do
I wonder if it is an update or software issue with it.
Since mine did the exact same thing. Does the lights on your Controller stay all lit up?

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 23, 2013, 06:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I wonder if it is an update or software issue with it.
Since mine did the exact same thing. Does the lights on your Controller stay all lit up?

-ST
Yup, as though it's trying to connect but never does. If I press the sync button on the XBOX and the controller, it seems to register that, but still never actually connects.

Plugged in my other broken XBOX which I thought was the same issue, but it seems to have the famous RROD, so even worse! Though I know I had fixed that previously and it worked for a few weeks before dying.

Ordered that Hybrid eXtreme Uniclamp ($32USD total) which I'm guessing will come sometime next week. I'll let you know ST if it fixes mine.

Can't see it being an update though as my XBOX has honestly been off for at least 2 months. Last time I used it was likely in March, when Gears of War Judgement came out. I wanted to pick it up again today...

Last edited by JD; June 23, 2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old July 8, 2013, 06:53 PM
F@H

My System Specs

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!

So chances are ST, $32 and about 30min of effort, and you might be able to revive yours too.
Old July 9, 2013, 10:38 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Hey everyone,

Looks like my first Generation 360 has finally called it a day. Purchased opening day when launched I have to admit that I'm not sad that it died. It gave me 7 years of life, so its done its time as a console.

That being said I would like to preserve and enjoy my games still....so does someone know if I bought a new Xbox S console if I can transfer the HDD from the old to the new system? if I can how the heck do I do it? Google is failing to deliver this time around.

-ST
I suggest you move your saves to the cloud (heck you can even use a usb key now). Then transfer your licenses to the new system. Once done you can redownload all of your purchased DLC. For the few that dont exist anymore you can move them via usb key as well.

P.S. I'm thinking of unloading one of my S consoles. If you are interested I can post it up in the Buy & Sell section. Bought it at x-mas. 250 gb version.