LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 20, 2013, 12:00 PM
MVP

My System Specs

GB assassins 2 dosent look to bad no?
Old May 20, 2013, 12:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ As Stonie says "nothing else really is at the same level as a RIVE, unfortunately like any other Board, some come with "issues" n some dont, so far the replacement Board has been fine out of the box.

OC'ing is really quite simple and am not using elaborate WC set-up, only a Corsair H100i. Have been able to get to 4.7 Ghz with what I'm comfortable with as far as vCore and Temps, as in 1.387v under load and 1.4v idle, temps Max out running LinX at around 75c.

Old May 24, 2013, 04:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Trouble is there isn't another board that can compete with the RIVE.
Yep , I'd agree !

The Rampage IV Extreme is a badass motherboard....Best I've ever seen , I'm still learning things about it.

I would not recommend anything else for socket R.

Old May 27, 2013, 03:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like I have another mobo on the way with a different serial number. Here's hoping it's a new one.
Old May 27, 2013, 03:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ Please keep us updated, I'm back at work now (almost a week), so nowhere near my Rig until 19 June !!

Old June 3, 2013, 02:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

New board from RMA, all 16gb detected. Had a little problem though, the 24 pin power cable extension somehow stopped working properly and threw my rig into the weirdest start/stop loop. I was ready to throw in a different power supply but decided to remove the extension first. Seems to be o.k. now. Now where was I? Oh yeah, to 4.6 ghz & beyond!
Old June 3, 2013, 03:43 PM
MVP

My System Specs

good to see the problems resolved. i was surprised to hear about problems at all to be honest...but its nice to see a fairly fast rma and all that too. i got my first rampage board to replace a 680i that i had to rma twice (not a fast process with no canadian support) and i have been 'on a rampage' ever since (sorry that was terrible. im here all week folks dont forget to tip your waitress). i have never had one fail, hiccup or even complain a bit...and i am really mean to them

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasrott View Post
think i'll stay away from the rive if going 2011. How are temps on those cpu's compared to the 3770k's? Am assuming u guys are using water no?
i only run mine at 4.2@1.25v, under an h100. 50c is the hottest it goes under normal circumstances. lengthy stress tests see it hit 61c.
Old June 3, 2013, 04:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
New board from RMA, all 16gb detected. Had a little problem though, the 24 pin power cable extension somehow stopped working properly and threw my rig into the weirdest start/stop loop. I was ready to throw in a different power supply but decided to remove the extension first. Seems to be o.k. now. Now where was I? Oh yeah, to 4.6 ghz & beyond!
Good to hear !!!!! I've settled on 4.7 Ghz (+.040v Offset Mode), peak temps running LinX mid 70's....gonna see if I can somehow mod my TJ09 so I can get another set of Noctua Fans on my 100i.....of course I want 4.8 - 4.9 Ghz now......but really, 4.7 is pretty sweet, get a 13.6 running Cinebench

Old June 3, 2013, 04:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasrott View Post
think i'll stay away from the rive if going 2011. How are temps on those cpu's compared to the 3770k's? Am assuming u guys are using water no?
Every Board out there has a certain number of issues my friend!!!!

Cant compare Temps as the 3770K is a Quad Core, these are larger Chips and Hexa Core....with that being said I'm running 2 Noctua NF12 F Fans on a Corsair H100i and my 3930K running like a dream at 4.7 Ghz with relatively low voltage (1.344v under full load).

Temps are mid 70's under full load LinX...high 50's to low 60's playing Crysis 3...quite pleased.

Old June 4, 2013, 08:33 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Glad you got it sorted. Never had an issue with mine and Ive abused the shit out of it for a year and a half lol