Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 10, 2013, 11:18 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

According to Purolator Tracking my RIVE Mobo has been delivered, but not to the address I put on the RMA Label, but to this address (still in Richmond on No 6 Rd mind you)..

Nedco
4455 No 6 Rd, Richmond, BC V6V 1P8

Any info why this address and not what was specified on RMA Address Label ?

Cost me $40 to ship this Board, lets see how quickly I get a working Board back ??

Old May 10, 2013, 11:39 AM

My System Specs

Do you have NCIX VIP? If not you should use some NCIX points to get it. Returns for RMA's are paid for w/ VIP.

I'd call NCIX or Purolator to confirm it went to the right place.
Old May 10, 2013, 02:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'm now at $500 for a faulty Mobo ($45 to ship the thing back) "to the correct address clearly marked both on the box and on my Purolator Slip) address...NCIX/Netlink Computer Inc 13720 Mayfield Place Richmond BC V6V 2E4....with"RMA" all over the box.

Purolator Tracking states it was signed by Bernard at
Nedco
4455 No 6 Rd, Richmond, BC V6V 1P8

Found there number online, called them, they know nothing about it....hhhmmmm (perhaps a good thing I insured it for $400).

Anyhow, contacted Purolator and yes indeed it was delivered to the wrong address...exellent...now I have n RMA # from NCIX and a Case# from Purolator.

Old May 13, 2013, 03:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

So the "wrong address" was a typo by Purolator on my Tracking number. The RIVE is indeed in the hands of NCIX, now just want a proper working board back so I can this Rig put back together and BIOS showing full 16 GB of RAM ;)

Old May 14, 2013, 01:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I sure hope I don't have similar problems with my RIVE. We're about to start my installs later tonight. We shall see soon enough. Fingers crossed.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old May 14, 2013, 01:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Seems the missing RAM is somewhat common with the Boards. Still waiting to hear what NCIX finds, praying its not bent CPU Socket Pins, make sure to get your builder Killswitch to take some High Res pics of the Socket Pins before you drop the CPU int he there.

Old May 14, 2013, 01:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The Board itself seems great, tons if options in the Bios, easiest way to Flash Bios I have ever seen!!!
Everything worked great, posted 1st power up no problem, installed W7 no problem.

The only problem was one Memory Slot wasn't detecting the 4GB stick in there.

It's just one of those things you come across from time to time when building. If I find out from NCIX the Board is fine, Ill be RMA'ing the CPU, as my next fault troubleshooting suspect, would be Memory Controlller CPU.

Old May 14, 2013, 04:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

So, just heard back from NCIX, they are shipping me a replacement Board. The Memory Slot C1 was indeed borked. Glad I didnt waste more than 4 hrs with further troubleshooting.

Old May 16, 2013, 07:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sent my board off yesterday, took pics of cpu pins in case I need to defend myself. Here is hoping all goes well. Good thing I bought a gaming laptop.
Old May 16, 2013, 07:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ Yeah I debated on putting my X58 System back together last Thursday (when I shipped back the RIVE), but packaged up all those parts nicely in original boxes, so fvck it, Rig is still sitting disassembled on the diningroom table!!

Getting a "tad" annoyed with NCIX now:
1. They received the RIVE last Friday.
2. Monday they sent me a message confirming they had it.
3. Tuesday they sent me a message in the AM confirming that the Memory Slot was fvcked and all they needed was my Shipping Address as my replacement Board was ready to be Shipped!!! (yay)
4. Wednesday - Fvck all...new Board NOT shipped (Dont know why they didnt ship it this day)!!

Now, I go back to work next week (on the ship), so REALLY am hoping to have this Board in my hands by tomorrow Friday latest (gives me at least 1 weekend to play - if the damn thing works). So, lets really hope they ship it today so I have it tomorrow!!!!

So, I'm up to almost $500 ($43 to ship it back to NCIX from Van Isle via Purolator) and I still dont have a working Board....

Anyone know if NCIX sends RMA replacement Boards with refurbished or new?