Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 9, 2013, 09:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by styles234 View Post
The card is no longer disappearing... But since then I have come across a new problem which I'm blaming on drivers again... Playing a game, framerates randomly drop and fans slow down. Sounds like things are underclocking themselves to their non-performance state. As soon as I switch windows out of the game and back into it, everything is fine again...

This is becoming a real headache.

sounds if you didn't run the drivers set-up with admin rights

also noticed that OS w7 pro ? 32 or 64 bit OS

need to use correct bit for drivers
Old May 9, 2013, 10:21 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

7 pro x64.

I should probably mention that I'm a system administrator for an IT company. So in terms of general stuff, I know what I'm doing. Just when I run into stupid issues like this, I can't even think straight after staring at it for so long.

UAC is disabled on my system and my account is an administrator. I never specifically ran the installer as an administrator, but I never thought I had to honestly.

I'm going to try removing the drivers entirely, running a driver sweeper, and starting over. I'd like to avoid reformatting, but I'll do that too if necessary.
Old May 9, 2013, 12:03 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Sorry to hear that bud. Again, everything that is happening here is what happened to me. Try to remove the cards, uninstall the drivers. Run your PC from the on-board graphics then install the cards again. Install one, go online and download the driver from AMD, the most current one even if it's a beta driver. Play your games. Shut it down, install the other card and see how it goes from there. I did this and never worked for me for more than 4 hrs but it doesn't kill to try.
Old May 10, 2013, 10:06 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Seems as though it's fully driver related. Framerates are silky smooth and everything is fine if I turn off overdrive. Overdrive is on but no clocks are changed. I don't know exactly why it's on to begin with. But turn it off, and everything is perfect.
I've never had any issues with AMD drivers until now... Half regretting going radeon... But at the same time I'm not, because the performance (when they are working properly) is staggering.

Tags
amd , crossfire , problem , second card missing