Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/)
-   -   Windows activation problem (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/60791-windows-activation-problem.html)

Kilauea April 20, 2013 01:29 PM

Windows activation problem

Hi,

I've had this Lenovo X120e for about 2 years now and I've almost immediately changed the HDD for a SSD, then about 7-8 months ago, the SSD was giving me problems. I sent it back and when it came back around October or November, I reinstalled everything, reentered the product key for Windows 7 from Lenovo. Everything worked fine until about 2-3 weeks ago where it said that my copy of Windows is not Genuine. When I type my product ID, it gives me the Error Code 0xC004F063.

I'm quite puzzled as to what I should do now. There were no hardware changes other than more RAM 2 years ago and the SSD I just talked about.

**Solved**

Caldezar April 20, 2013 01:34 PM

Try the phone activation, that will quite often resolve the issue.

Kilauea April 20, 2013 01:54 PM

brrrr... phone... Sorry, I must be super dumb, cuz I never called M$, but apparently they will only give me the (*(*&? number to call them when I am in the process of activating through an option which should be clearly seen. But either my glasses let me see through this option or its not there. Anyone has a clue of what the phone number is. Even when disconnecting the Wi-Fi, it tries to connect to the Internet to validate my product key, way to go M$.

KaptCrunch April 20, 2013 02:20 PM

simple go to dollar store an get magyfing glass or change to 480x640res click

Kilauea April 20, 2013 02:24 PM

If you refer to clicking on your link and then pressing on Windows 7. The problem is that I am not given the option "Use automated phone service to activate", that is what I tried to say (in a very clumsy manner) in my previous post.

sswilson April 20, 2013 02:25 PM

How to contact a Microsoft Product Activation Center by telephone

With any luck that will get you through to the correct regional call center.

Kilauea April 20, 2013 02:56 PM

Ok, so apparently my key of Windows is blocked and I had to contact Lenovo who then told me they can't do sh*t about it other than sell me this 55$ recovery disk which will magically unblock my CD key.

Thanks for your support.

KaptCrunch April 20, 2013 03:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
just call MS and give your COA / prodect key # in upper boxes and they will give a new key# in the lower boxes on 3.

if your getting wrong call numbers then you got a overseas copy of instalation disk

if your not getting these screens you have a illeagal copy of OS

supaflyx3 April 20, 2013 03:38 PM

Yep. SSD replacement is a valid reason for ms to activate it over the phone, it's all automated, you don't actually speak to anyone.

Kilauea April 20, 2013 03:42 PM

I am not getting these screens and my copy was valid for the past 2 years bought directly from Lenovo... I find it rather hard to believe it is now illegal.