Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 14, 2013, 10:58 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

saying there junk isnt really helping solving the problem. just because most there power supplies arent as good in todays standards they were decent in recent years.

and it should be enough to power a 6970, assuming its powered properly. the only downside to the psu is the sloppy voltage regulation that coolermaster tends to have it will still power the card fine just decrease the life of the gpu.
Old April 14, 2013, 11:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephengillon View Post
saying there junk isnt really helping solving the problem. just because most there power supplies arent as good in todays standards they were decent in recent years.

and it should be enough to power a 6970, assuming its powered properly. the only downside to the psu is the sloppy voltage regulation that coolermaster tends to have it will still power the card fine just decrease the life of the gpu.
or other issue of wall outlet supply .......brown outing dirty AC~
Old April 14, 2013, 02:32 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Everyone that suggested the psu gets a STAR!!!
Next weekend he"s going to try re-installing windows, next weekend the rest of you will get your STAR!!!

We just got done testing my Silverstone op850 with the 6970 and it did make quite a difference. Only 1 of his games still has a very slight stutter and the re-install of windows will probably cure that. Sooo he gets the 850 and I guess I inherit the 650 .

It"s kind of a shame to have to replace the 650 since his cable management was impeccable. To get all the leads hid on the 850 is going to be a bit more challenging!!

BradM will update on this later but in the meantime thxs to everyone and especially the "king of cowtown"
Old April 14, 2013, 02:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by howpet View Post
Everyone that suggested the psu gets a STAR!!!
Next weekend he"s going to try re-installing windows, next weekend the rest of you will get your STAR!!!

We just got done testing my Silverstone op850 with the 6970 and it did make quite a difference. Only 1 of his games still has a very slight stutter and the re-install of windows will probably cure that. Sooo he gets the 850 and I guess I inherit the 650 .

It"s kind of a shame to have to replace the 650 since his cable management was impeccable. To get all the leads hid on the 850 is going to be a bit more challenging!!

BradM will update on this later but in the meantime thxs to everyone and especially the "king of cowtown"
Cooler master psu aren't great, but I am still surprised it would have issues powering a 6970. Must be an older/really bad one.
Old April 14, 2013, 03:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Cooler master psu aren't great, but I am still surprised it would have issues powering a 6970. Must be an older/really bad one.
Sorry I am so late to replying on this one and great work everyone I had a Coolermaster 650 last month destroy my father in laws HDD GPU and itself. Then the even funnier thing happened the RMAed one I got back died in the mini system I got from Howpet. (it was my psu not his) so I tossed it not worth another RMA I will never recommend anything Coolermaster again.

Luck for me though I still have my 3 Favorite PSU's kicking around

#1 Thermaltake 850 TR2 RX
#2 Seasonic 740 Gold
#3 Antec Blue 750

All those three PSU's I have bought and sold many many of and yet to have to RMA any of those 3 models
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old April 14, 2013, 03:53 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm not surprised.

An ax-850 got its butt kicked by 3 6950 with unlocked shaders, even before I overclocked.

Cooler master PSU are ~ 2/3 their rated value. I would not run a single 6970 on a 450 watt psu. Well, mabye a good one like seasonic. It would be cutting it too close for comfort.
Old April 14, 2013, 06:30 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
He"s powering an o/c"ed q6700, a pump, a couple hard drives, numerous fans (lost count once I ran out of digits on my 2 hands ), some cold cathodes and the 6970. I'm a little disappointed the 650 couldn't cut it but I'm not surprised of the results. There was about 2-3 maybe 4 pounds difference in weight between the coolermaster and the Silverstone units which did surprise me, it was noticeable. I guess you get what you pay for.
Old April 14, 2013, 07:15 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Finished Build, cable management was hard but i got it to work
Attached Images

Last edited by BradM; April 14, 2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old April 14, 2013, 08:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

nice man I like this build
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old April 14, 2013, 08:22 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Thanks