Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 12, 2013, 05:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You need the debugging software from Microsoft in order to read those crash dumps correctly. After you install it you need to then add a link (I can't remember it off hand) which queries their online database to further debug the errors. So that was month 2 or 3 for me of non stop searching... The problem was I wasn't asking the right questions in google. In the end it was the ram settings. The shitty part is the computer was constantly crashing while I was searching for all this junk.

Let me do a little searching around for ya maybe I can find a couple links to set you in the right direction... mainly what you are gonna find in google is OTHER people complaining about the same problem with a whole bunch of forum posts like this one and no solutions. Trust me I know man...

ATI had some bad drivers around that time too. The next set of drivers seem to work better but then I was having issues with Internet Explorer for MONTHS and MONTHS... until ATI finally released a bug fix for the driver and IE works normally again.

Do you run dual monitor by any chance?
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old April 12, 2013, 05:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default "caused by driver" atikmdag.sys at adress "ntoskrnl.exe"

Here's the 1st thing you need! This software is backwards compatible

Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) for Windows 8

after you install this software you will open a crash dump and then you'll need to add this other stuff... sigh.
When you read the crash dump you will get errors regarding windows symbols blah blah blah...
Follow the instructions here:
Use the Microsoft Symbol Server to obtain debug symbol files

Now you will begin to understand exactly what is going on in those crash dumps.

Note http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols is not browseable and is only intended for access by the debugger.

The above part is critical to the debugging software reading those crash dumps correctly... I think you will find it points to the memory every time. Hopefully not.

Hope that saves you some time... took me a while to figure this stage out because there were no forum posts like the one I just gave you.

I had the exact problems you were having this is the correct place to start fixing your problem. Spend time understanding the software and information I gave you... it is truly the only way you'll figure this out.

Cheers.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.

Last edited by clshades; April 12, 2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old April 22, 2013, 07:26 PM
Rookie

Update !

Problem solved.

I had to turn downgrade the ram and lower the GPU factory overclock.

Everything works now :)

thank you for all the help