Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 4, 2013, 06:35 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodystumps View Post
yea it will probably be @ 1666 because the AI overclock tuner is set to D.O.C.P , You can just leave it at 1666 and adjust your Dram voltage to 1.65...
lol...well, for some reason the 1666 was gone, and 1600 was there.
Here's the changes I made:
Bios2011-01 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I just tested it and it made no difference in my stuttering issue.
I'm working on a video to show the issue. Let me know if there is something else on my system I could show you that may help.

Last edited by Jeff1961; March 4, 2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old March 4, 2013, 07:46 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

In AI Suite II there's some info for DRAM Slot 1 that looks odd:
All sizes | DRAM Slot1 Info | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited by Jeff1961; March 4, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old March 4, 2013, 08:51 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

that is odd maybe that stick is still not seated right or it is just a bad stick..

Edit: AI is reading the SPD, 533 is normal...

Last edited by Bloodystumps; March 4, 2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old March 4, 2013, 09:19 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodystumps View Post
that is odd maybe that stick is still not seated right or it is just a bad stick..

Edit: AI is reading the SPD, 533 is normal...
After seeing it initially, I was sure i'd seen that early on when I bought the computer. In other words, it was like that before the stuttering problem.

Here's a video attempting to show the stuttering, and some system settings:
Replay Stutter Issue - YouTube

Last edited by Jeff1961; March 4, 2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old March 4, 2013, 11:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

What Catalyst driver are you using? Have you tried turning vsync on to see if that has an effect?
Old March 5, 2013, 05:56 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
What Catalyst driver are you using? Have you tried turning vsync on to see if that has an effect?
The last driver was "12-10_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql_net4".
I installed that Nov 2012, and everything was fine afterwards.

I had vsync on for quite awhile, then turned it off recently as I heard someone say it can cause issues with iRacing. (hmmm...lol...I don't even see vsync anywhere in CCC)
I see it in iRacing's graphic options. It states it may increase controller lag. That was my fear, and why I turned it off. Damn...I didn't note at which time I changed this setting.

I've done a bit of testing just now and this may be it. I just don't have enough time to test it for more than two minutes. It can happen that infrequently.
Sorry guys...I should have tested with another game. I hope this is it. I will explain more later...gotta get to work! lol
All sizes | iRacing Graphics Options2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old March 5, 2013, 06:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I had vsync on for quite awhile, then turned it off recently as I heard someone say it can cause issues with iRacing. (hmmm...lol...I don't even see vsync anywhere in CCC)
It's there in the gaming>3D Applications Settings. Look for "Wait for vertical Refresh" The newer interface had drop down boxes rather than sliders. If you update to current drivers you have to go to "Frame Rate Control" then click on that and the Vsync setting will be there.

Better still just right click the taskbar icon and choose AMD Radeon 6xxx>3D Settings>Wait for vertical refresh.
Old March 5, 2013, 08:32 AM
Rookie

Hi Jeff. Looking at your system and situation and also being an iRacer, I'm not sure that there is anything "wrong" with your setup. I can't see it having anything to do with Corsair link if it is turned off while you are recording your replays with FRAPS. What I have noticed is, since the last update (addition of the Gen 6 SS), tons of people have seen their FPS drop. This is thought to be because of the higher resolution textures of the SS. I also know that Trading Paints released new software that loads car textures of custom paints when you enter race. I don't know if you use Trading Paints.

Since replays are frame by frame replicas of what happens in the race, your stuttering is occurring in the race and has nothing to do with recording or FRAPS and everything to do with iRacing. I'm sorry that I don't have a concrete answer for you but suggest;

Check the iRacing forums (hardware) and go through the sticky for ATI optimizations. Read any posts there that have to do with stuttering. Some people find that setting up AA and AF through Catalyst Control Center instead of within iRacing has gotten rid of stuttering. Also you may want to check your CPU and GPU temperatures while racing to see if either is getting too hot which can lead to reduced FPS.
Since you installed the H100i, have you stressed your CPU to make sure that the heatsink is mounted correctly? I would run OCCT for a minimum of 1 hour and see what your CPU temps get to. Run Furmark torture test and see what your GPU temps get to.

Good luck with it!
Corsair Force SSD, Seagate Barracuda 500 GB 7200 rpm SATA HD
Samsung 22X DVD Writer SATA w/Litescribe
Corsair H80
Antec 900 II case
3 x ASUS 25" monitors

Old March 5, 2013, 09:47 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
It's there in the gaming>3D Applications Settings. Look for "Wait for vertical Refresh" The newer interface had drop down boxes rather than sliders. If you update to current drivers you have to go to "Frame Rate Control" then click on that and the Vsync setting will be there.

Better still just right click the taskbar icon and choose AMD Radeon 6xxx>3D Settings>Wait for vertical refresh.
Thanks. I need to check on the iRacing forums about this controller lag issue, and how to best set up vsync.

When I first saw someones comment about vsync and controller lag in iRacing, I went in and turned off "vertical sync" in the game settings. (see lower left of this image)
All other settings in that image are the way it has always been...so there was no stuttering with those settings despite how high they are.
The image does show one change I made this morning to test the stuttering issue...above "vertical sync" it has "limit ac" and "batt". When I was experiencing stuttering, those two settings were 84 and 60. This morning I changed them both to 100 and recorded a replay for two minutes, I saw no stuttering. Still...I need to test this for longer when I get home later today.
The real problem...as always...is i'm tinkering with settings I don't understand. When they were 84 and 60, I would get a fps of 84 when not recording the replay, and when recording it would bounce inbetween 30-60. My test this morning showed a fps of 100 when not recording, and 60 when recording. But again...i'm getting ahead of myself and need to test it more.

A couple of weeks ago when I heard about this possible vsync issue, I did try variations of these 3 frame rate options in the game settings, "no limit" was a problem. I will try "vertical sync" as this is the way it was when the stuttering was not an issue, and check in to the ideal settings for Catalyst "wait for vertical refresh" and in-game "frame rate" options.

The timing of the heatsink replacement and this stuttering issue...and my pessimism...lol...I thought the worst. That it was a more serious hardware issue. I was also overconfident and ignored my nagging thoughts that I should check this in another game.
I keep notes of all changes I make to my system and could look back at those changes...but I did not note the changes I made within the game. If I had, we might have avoided all this.

Sorry to take up everyones time...but I really appreciate your help. I may not have figured this out without it.
Old March 5, 2013, 09:54 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Sorry to take up everyones time...
Heh, that's what the "troubleshooting" forum is for. Besides we learn things too!

Tags
h100i , recording , stuttering