Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 1, 2013, 06:46 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default H100i firmware update stuck?

Hi folks just installed the new Corsair H100i, great cooler, doesn't quite fit my Corsair 500R (not enough room to mount fans inside case, had to mount outside) and 3 out of 8 bolt holes came pre-stripped, yeah! But that is not my problem, I went to update the Corsair link firmware about an hour ago and nothing has happened. Photo attached shows what I see on my screen right now. Question is how long does a firmware update really take? and if something is wrong is it safe to shut down computer?
Attached Images

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old March 1, 2013, 07:14 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

For any that have found there way to this site because they have a similar problem as the one I experienced here is the solution:

First I downloaded the wrong software for the H100i, I just downloaded the basic and out of date Corsair Link software, newest version is in the support page for H100I

Hydro Series? H100i Extreme Performance CPU Cooler

But with regards to what I did wrong and that relates to the screen shot, I was trying to do a firmware update on hardware I didn't own. Hence the reason it says Corsair Commander in the drop down menu, I thought that was what the gizmo in the cooler was called, oh well silly me, we all make mistakes. At any rate I took a chance and restarted the computer and all was fine, uninstalled incorrect driver and installed latest driver great success.

On another note try to avoid drinking to much rum when installing new hardware and software on your computer, you'll find it difficult to reason logically. Lesson learned.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old March 2, 2013, 06:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

your @ the start page ......its telling you to shut down all running services/apps that will interfear with processor, so it don't hang and make the Corsair Link V2 integration operation DOA killing the pic

best do this in safe mode so just the updater runs and just have H100i only connected to usb ports