Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/)
-   -   Battlefield 3 Crashed online after 30 seconds (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/59819-battlefield-3-crashed-online-after-30-seconds.html)

Soullessone21 February 21, 2013 08:39 PM

Battlefield 3 Crashed online after 30 seconds

So BF3 plays great offline single player played the whole game not one crash or issue Ultra settings, playing online the game looks and plays flawless for 30 seconds then stops responding and kicks me from the server every time :S specs are my gaming build in my sig with the oc clocked down to 3.66 just incase thats the issue.

Arinoth February 21, 2013 08:49 PM

Sounds like an internet connection issue not your PC if you're getting kicked from the server. The game will stop responding if you no longer have a connection to the server, making it look like it's frozen. If it works flawless in single player and kicks the bucket in multiplayer sounds like you have a bad hop between you and the server(s) you're trying to connect to

Soullessone21 February 21, 2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arinoth (Post 692182)
Sounds like an internet connection issue not your PC if you're getting kicked from the server. The game will stop responding if you no longer have a connection to the server, making it look like it's frozen. If it works flawless in single player and kicks the bucket in multiplayer sounds like you have a bad hop between you and the server(s) you're trying to connect to

Thought the same for about 20ms till I looked over and the wife was playing BL2 online with zero issues and I played about 3 hours of SC2 today with no lag or issue. Also Crysis 2 and 3 online no issue only BF3 has this issue

Arinoth February 21, 2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soullessone21 (Post 692185)
Thought the same for about 20ms till I looked over and the wife was playing BL2 online with zero issues and I played about 3 hours of SC2 today with no lag or issue. Also Crysis 2 and 3 online no issue only BF3 has this issue

Yep, every one of those games uses a different server located in different locations around the world. BF3 servers have different areas they are housed and you could have hop issues to whatever ones you are connecting to, which wouldn't effect your connection to any other online game as they'd be through different hops.

BL2 uses steam as a connecting front though You personally host the game, so no game server. Battle.net has servers all over the place incase you have a bad connection which is rare. Dunno about Crysis 2 & 3 but probably centralized servers again

Soullessone21 February 21, 2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arinoth (Post 692187)
Yep, every one of those games uses a different server located in different locations around the world. BF3 servers have different areas they are housed and you could have hop issues to whatever ones you are connecting to, which wouldn't effect your connection to any other online game as they'd be through different hops.

BL2 uses steam as a connecting front though You personally host the game, so no game server. Battle.net has servers all over the place incase you have a bad connection which is rare. Dunno about Crysis 2 & 3 but probably centralized servers again

Updated the punkbuster stand alone and it works better now but after about ten min of play I get this?

Game disconnected: you were kicked by an admin. Stated reason: Violating server rules!
Happened twice now

HAHAHAHA
Game disconnected: you have been banned from this server. Stated reason: ******* NOOB :Soullessone21 got Round banned for using 870MCS!

dustin1706 February 21, 2013 10:21 PM

I was having the same issue almost a year ago. I ended up having to do a clean install.

JD February 21, 2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soullessone21 (Post 692191)
Updated the punkbuster stand alone and it works better now but after about ten min of play I get this?

Game disconnected: you were kicked by an admin. Stated reason: Violating server rules!
Happened twice now

HAHAHAHA
Game disconnected: you have been banned from this server. Stated reason: ******* NOOB :Soullessone21 got Round banned for using 870MCS!

Not much you can do that if the server admin is kicking you :haha:

Looks like your just joining all the wrong servers

chubaka February 22, 2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soullessone21 (Post 692191)

Happened twice now

HAHAHAHA

lol :haha:

Arinoth February 22, 2013 06:40 AM

Gee someone isn't following the server rules, go figure!

igot6strings February 22, 2013 07:28 AM

tsk tsk tsk.