Dunno what to think here... my T61 laptop was working just a couple hours ago...
1) i close the lid and put it to sleep, place it in the laptop bag and head home from work
2) take the laptop out of the case and the usual "crescent moon" green LED is dark
3) open the lid, push power, nothing
4) plug in AC, no AC LED light, nothing
5) unplug battery, plug battery back in, nothing
... wait a few hours
6) unplug the battery, and plug in the AC with the battery un-plugged
.. now the AC led goes green
7) plug battery back in
.. AC is still green.. battery LED starts to flash amber
8) power on the laptop and start a full backup
don't know if this is a one off or not. If it needs a new battery i'm fine with that... but if the mobo is on it's last legs i'd hate to buy the new battery =P
If you live near Ottawa there is a really good battery place in town.
Alexander Battery Corporation
Try an find some shop that specializes in laptops near you.
How cold was it and how drained was the battery when you left work. ?
charge it completely if you can.
it seems to be running like normal today.
- it was probably 10~20 % when I last put it to sleep
- it didn't get very cold, and was only sleeping for 40 minutes until I opened up the lid
I'm not keen on taking laptops anywhere for repair... Vegas odds state that you pay a mint in advance for trouble-shooting hours, and a parts list quote that is worth more than the laptop is new.
Grinder swing it by my place, I will take a look at it for you and even get you a fancy battery quote *Cough less then $60 Cough*
sounds like the perfect excuse!! so long as we go for beers later (my treat)
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 PM.|