Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/)
-   -   Galaxy RMA (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/59525-galaxy-rma.html)

great_big_abyss February 5, 2013 06:55 AM

Galaxy RMA

My GTX680 keeps crashing on 3DMark13, Unigine Heaven, and sometimes BF3. I know it's the video card because I had the same symptoms before i replaced my motherboard, processor and RAM, therefore the GPU is the only logical remaining culprit. The application will crash, and I'll get a message saying that the drivers have stopped working, but have successfully recovered. I've tried various versions of drivers, including a few beta drivers, as well as WHQL drivers, but to no avail. Therefore, I believe that a couple of modules of VRAM are faulty.

What is a good program to test my VRAM (link please)?

Alternatively, does anyone else have any other ideas as to what could be going on? What else should I be testing?

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

EDIT:

Problem has been identified as some sort of overheating problem. RMA went through with Galaxy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by great_big_abyss (Post 690264)
Anyways, the process of RMA'ing with Galaxy was so far nice, easy and quick. Galaxy gets a thumbs up :thumb: from me in the customer service department.

SKYMTL February 5, 2013 07:33 AM

EVGA OCScanner: EVGA | Software | EVGA OC Scanner

Dzzope February 5, 2013 08:14 AM

I get the same thing on my 670 is SOME games (wow, NS2) but not others(BFBC2 BF3 Cod and some older ones).
I have found taking my ram to max then the gpu clock up yields more of a performance increase and makes it mush more stable but i still get this problem in some games.

great_big_abyss February 5, 2013 09:10 AM

I'm not overclocking though. I leave my GPU at all stock speeds...

Dzzope February 5, 2013 09:35 AM

I remember there being a Galaxy rep here, would be good to get some info from him on whether this is something they see and anything they can suggest to test where you can be sure it's the card and possibly get a replacement.
(would be good for me to find out too, though I've no idea how or where I could send my card to in Ukraine if i have to RMA it)

great_big_abyss February 5, 2013 09:43 AM

Yeah, I PM'd him early this morning. I think Galaxy has an RMA center in NA, even if it's in the States somewhere, it's better than sending it overseas!

SugarJ February 5, 2013 09:51 AM

new 24/7 service number : 1-877-253-5841 (Canada and US)

great_big_abyss February 5, 2013 10:20 AM

Andrew Fischer got back to me RE my PM. Hopefully we can get this problem solved. Glad we have a Galaxy Rep on the forum! In the meantime, thanks for the suggestions, I'll run the EVGA OC Scanner. I'm assuming it's similar to Furmark? (which will run on my card, btw)

IRQ Conflict February 5, 2013 01:44 PM

I wouldn't use BF3 as any kind of indicator that your HW may be bunk. Seems like EA "updates" Origin every second week and introduces game stopping bugs. CTD is quite common now, where it never used to be.

Bond007 February 5, 2013 01:52 PM

It could very well be the card, but does it crash with furmark? If it does then it could be the card or the power supply. Have you tried a different psu, or your gpu in a different system?