Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 16, 2013, 08:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Ram detection

Hookay, I need advice on ram detection. Which is the proper method of detection? When I fire up my RIVE, the bios says all the ram (GSkill 16gb x 2133mhz) is there, cpuZ sees it all but says it is in triple channel and task manager only sees 12 out of 16gb. What do I believe? I had GSkill Ares 1600mhz in there before with the same result. Is it mobo rma time?

(it has been reseated multiple times)
Old January 16, 2013, 09:30 AM
F@H

My System Specs

First question, do you have a "MemOK" button on the board? If so push it and see if when defaulting your RAM to the lowest possible settings makes it all appear.

Part two, start removing and adding in different sticks to see if one of them is partially faulty. Switching them around slot for slot to sort if it is the stick or the slot.

My first thoughts at least,

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 16, 2013, 09:39 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Last time this happened to one of my boards, I had to increase ram volts for Windows to see all of it.
Old January 16, 2013, 09:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Last time this happened to one of my boards, I had to increase ram volts for Windows to see all of it.
Yeah that might be the easier test first to see if its because so many slots are populated with RAM.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 16, 2013, 09:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks guys, I will do some fiddling. Been so long since I had the rig fired up I forget what I have done to it....