Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12, 2013, 09:01 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default 6770 issue

Hi guys,

I dug up my stuff, and found an old 6770. I plugged it and it worked fine, but then it started giving me some artifacts in 2d mode. I looked up GPU Z and it said, it was a 5770? Not sure what happened there. I googled some articles and flashed the card to ATI 6770 1 gig, as this card is direct AMD card.

Now after successfully flashing the card, it asked me reboot, which I did and since then I dont get any more video. Is there something that can be done.
Old January 12, 2013, 10:24 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Did you backup your cards bios before flashing? ether way I hope you have a spare card or onboard that can act as the primary. because blind flashing sucks. just sounds like a bad flash, if you have a backup flash just boot it as a 2nd gpu and reflash to what you had. If you have never flashed this card in the past seems more like a bad driver install then a card being improperly flashed.
Old January 13, 2013, 06:32 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueByte View Post
Did you backup your cards bios before flashing? ether way I hope you have a spare card or onboard that can act as the primary. because blind flashing sucks. just sounds like a bad flash, if you have a backup flash just boot it as a 2nd gpu and reflash to what you had. If you have never flashed this card in the past seems more like a bad driver install then a card being improperly flashed.
Yea it was a bad flash, I had never flashed a card before. I googled this site and there was an ATI RBE tool I downloaded that allowed me to flash in windows. I didnt know or googled any other way lol. Yea unfortunately, I dont have a system right now where I can get a different primary video source. I am going to have to try something else. How does the blind falshing work?