Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 9, 2013, 07:56 AM
Banned

Default My os compremised or ?

So, had some odd things going on lately .... random lockup with internet access going like crazy still ..... double clicks when I didnt do so, clicking on a preview panel of a web browser tab to select it & it clicking on the actual web brower behind the panel to name a few things. Then as of recently last night I went to sleep with some files hosting n my im's n such running & I awoke to the hosting client still going, but my msn, skype & quite a few of my web browser windows/tabs exited out of.

I have ran up to date avg & S&Destroy scans revealing no viruses & little to no spyware on my drives.

My questions is then, what might be causing this? a still underlying virus/malware? Trim running on the drive to clean it? corrupted os?

thanks for all responces.

Last edited by terrybear; January 9, 2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old January 9, 2013, 01:19 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

That would scare the crap out of me. I wouldn't even bother trying to see if I had a virus. Just reinstall if it's not too much trouble and take it from there.
Old January 9, 2013, 04:51 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I run avg and spybot too, but i also run malwarebytes. Try running it; it's free.

Good luck.
Old January 9, 2013, 05:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

have you downloaded any new files recently? also is all of your software up to date with security updates . I know that on my other PC the mouse would and still sometimes seems to jump around and even click on things but if I unplug it then plug my mouse back in after a few seconds it will act normal again.
Old January 9, 2013, 05:56 PM
Banned

I also wondered cause of I have a G500 gaming mouse & I also heard it can also have double clicking issue's possibly after some time of use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
have you downloaded any new files recently? also is all of your software up to date with security updates . I know that on my other PC the mouse would and still sometimes seems to jump around and even click on things but if I unplug it then plug my mouse back in after a few seconds it will act normal again.
Old January 9, 2013, 05:57 PM
Banned

ty, will check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteroderus View Post
I run avg and spybot too, but i also run malwarebytes. Try running it; it's free.

Good luck.