Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2, 2012, 08:15 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default P.C Suddenly Turning Off and can't turn it back on until P.C. is unplugged

My P.C. (see My System Specs ) suddenly turns off without notice. Also I can't turn my P.C. back on until I unplug the system from the wall and wait for the motherboard light to turn off.I did overclock my CPU at 4.7 but it has been tested for 24 hours and stable for more than a month now. I looked at a similar thread here with almost the same problem as me and I used WhoCrashed to try and Identify the problem.

This is what it came up

System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name: PROJECT-HECTA
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor AMD586, level: 21
8 logical processors, active mask: 255
RAM: 8502407168 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1890971648

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Wed 28/11/2012 4:13:15 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\112712-12636-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7CC80)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x21, 0xFFFFF8A00C869000, 0x2770, 0x5B38EC3E)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft∆ Windows∆ Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 28/11/2012 4:13:15 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: spsys.sys (spsys!SPVersion+0x16950)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x21, 0xFFFFF8A00C869000, 0x2770, 0x5B38EC3E)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\spsys.sys
description: security processor
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.
Google query: Microsoft Corporation BAD_POOL_HEADER

On Thu 8/11/2012 2:55:41 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\110812-6926-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x80640)
Bugcheck code: 0xF4 (0x3, 0xFFFFFA8006DAD060, 0xFFFFFA8006DAD340, 0xFFFFF8000298EDB0)
Error: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have now tried the following:

Checked my power surge protector and power board
Loaded stock bios speeds (removing my overclock)
Clearing CMOS
Booting with one stick of ram
Re-seating the CPU
Disconnecting my 1tb Black drive

Still no luck any suggestions on how I should go about this?

Last edited by Avenger212; December 2, 2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old December 2, 2012, 09:48 PM
MVP

Sounds like MB or the PS. Any chance you have a spare PS kicking around and or MB to trouble shot with?

If not...

The only other option I might suggest is a fresh format and install of windows.

If it continues after the fresh install......then you are back to PS or MB.

RIP Kiwi - Oct 19th/05 - April 18th/11, you will always be our puppy!
Old December 3, 2012, 04:11 AM
MVP

I'm in the same boat, it only happened over the last few days too. I tried with both W7 and W8, on different drives yet I still get the issue.
I wonder if its a windows update related issue? How long have you had this issue? Only difference with me is I don't have to unplug my psu or anything like that. It powers on as if it was shut down properly.
Old December 3, 2012, 05:58 AM
MVP

I've had this happen to me with a Corsair power supply. Had to unplug the PSU and then back in everytime I shut down in order to get it working.
I replaced it with a Seasonic; the only way to go.
Old December 3, 2012, 08:54 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks guys I tried your suggestions and here is an update.

I tried changing the PSU with my Seasonic 650w. Still having problems with the blue screen and power. So I decided to wipe the SSD but it won't finish the installation. I tried another windows 7 installation disk still no luck. Just kept getting errors about how the installation may be corrupted. But for some reason the power problem is now solved so I decided to throw back my Corsair PSU.

I had now narrowed the problem down to either my Corsair Force 3 GT dieing because I can't seem to install windows 7 on it.
or
My New motherboard (Asus Sabertooth 990FX) is somehow causing these errors which is the main reason why I can't install windows 7.

Any suggested solutions?

Last edited by Avenger212; December 4, 2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old December 3, 2012, 10:04 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Microsoft released a batch of new drivers to support Windows 8, but it also sent out some W7 drivers which weren't necessarily compatible. I know a friend who had automatic updates enabled had his video card effectively disabled by the new W7 Nvidia driver; I avoided the issue by not installing that particular driver update.

However, I notice two of the crash reports mention possible memory corruption. Have you tried running Memtest86 to see if your RAM is in good condition? The other possibility suggested by the crash reports is a motherboard driver issue, so perhaps removing and reinstalling those could work.
Old December 3, 2012, 10:49 PM
MVP

Is it possible when installing win 7 on the Asus Sabertooth 990FX, windows need some driver files? Sorry if it doesn't I am just not sure how new that Asus board is (I am guessing new new). It could be a setting in the bois causing some issues with the HD/ssd (ahci?) and windows install? Try installing to a none ssd? Is it possible the win 7 install dvd is scratched....or the dvd player is bad?

You could try installing win 7 on the Corsair Force 3 GT via another computer (if it installs....then I would think the ssd is ok) and then just throw it over to the computer giving you issues.

It could be the MB die'n a slow death (system had been oc'd in the past). I had one take 6 months to finally die. What a headache too...everything was occasional ---- random reboots...shutdowns, bsod's, wouldn't boot from cold boot (couldn't find HD), failed to boot into windows. Yet I could game on it for endless hours night after night. And go a week or 2 ..maybe 3 weeks with none of the listed issues.

RIP Kiwi - Oct 19th/05 - April 18th/11, you will always be our puppy!
Old December 5, 2012, 06:07 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Have you just tried to stop the overclocking???

One of the above errors indicates possible "thermal" issues. Heat. Your system overclocked is probably a bit much.
Check this thread: Major Issue Sabertooth R1 FX8350
Old December 5, 2012, 10:30 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by altereDad View Post
Have you just tried to stop the overclocking???

One of the above errors indicates possible "thermal" issues. Heat. Your system overclocked is probably a bit much.
Check this thread: Major Issue Sabertooth R1 FX8350
I did removed the overclock the first time I encountered the problem, which is sad cause I got it to run at 4.7ghz without problems for more than a month and I tested it with prime95 for 24hours without errors.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions but it seems the problem suddenly disappeared for a time being.

I got windows 7 to install on my Corsair SSD by only using one stick of RAM. So now the Corsair SSD is not the problem. However I ran memtest on each stick of RAM with 3 passes and also checked all of the DIMM slots by repeating memtest with one stick of RAM each. Surprisingly it reported NO Errors.

My fresh install of windows 7 seems to be working until I play Sniper V2 for 3 hours and it is still blue screening but this time I don't need to unplug the power cord, I just need to press restart. I ran WhoCrashed again and it still is reporting the same as my original post. I saw a new bios update for my Sabertooth R 2.0. which says stability update.

I hope that fixes it if not Lion you maybe right, it must be the motherboard which I am hopping it is not cause I don't want to RMA this thing.