Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 3, 2012, 07:49 AM
Rookie

The outlets that the HTPC connected to weren't grounded until about a month ago. I've been keeping it in the back of my head, the fact that it could have caused issues with the whole system.

Over the weekend, I removed the internal 3TB drive from the system and replaced it with a 4TB Hitachi that is plugged into an external enclosure via USB, which effectively eliminates the controller and disk from the issue.

After about 20 minutes of network copying, it hit another BSOD.

My next step is to install a PCI-E NIC card tonight and stop using the onboard NIC. If I don't get the error, then i'll just assume the bad NIC is the culprit. However, if the error persist, I don't see any other possibility other than the motherboard or PSU. I think I have another PSU to test, so I'll do that next!

Tags
bsod , failure , hard drive , memory , reboot