Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 28, 2012, 10:08 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Asus PB278Q loses DisplayPort signal

This is a new build, with a new monitor.

The monitor used to flash up a message saying DisplayPort No Signal, and then proceed to display the signal properly.

It would then flash up the same message and then once in a while display a blank screen. In order to get the screen to display properly, I would have to unplug and plug back in the DP cable into the monitor.

To test it, when it was displaying the signal properly, I turned the monitor off and then on again. The screen stayed blank.

Now, it flashes up the same message and the screen remains blank. When I re-plug the DP cable, the screen remains blank. I also noticed that the monitor's on button no longer shows the green light to show that it is on.

I turned off the system, removed the DP cable from the monitor and PC, and connected an HDMI cable. The monitor displayed the signal normally.

I am using a 27" monitor in 2560 x 1440 resolution. The HDMI cable doesn't go that high.

Does it sound like the monitor is faulty?
Old November 28, 2012, 12:17 PM
Allstar

Hard to say. It could be the cable, it could be the port on the video card, and it could be the monitor.
Old November 28, 2012, 12:29 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I'm going to try a new DP cable this evening.

I've had the monitor for 28 days and I have 30 days to return it, so I may end up taking it back to the store.

Tags
display port