Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 25, 2012, 11:04 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Digital Photo Frames ? image fails

Well it's kinda PC hardware related?

And it is driving me nuts.

I've copied a few thousand (well close to 7,000) images onto a 8 GB SD card from my photo collection for a new photo frame I bought. And I get the odd image that shows up as a question mark on the screen. I've reviewed the photo's on my PC and do not see anything amiss. I checked to make sure they were all JPG images (a few RAW's got caught in my copying frenzy, but I'm almost certain there are no more left and that all the files on the SD card are JPG's. I also checked to make sure there were no images of less than about 20 mb's - but even those tiny images showed up fine on my PC. These tend to be cropped images from the 90's when I had a 1.2 megapixel camera ~ remember those?

The card is a Class 4 Scandisk 8 GB card playing on a new Sony LED photo frame. I'm just guessing but would estimate that about one image every 100 shows up as a ? so its not that common but common enough and very annoying. The frame does not display the name of the offending image. I might try copying all the images onto a USB key and seeing if that works any better.

Anybody know what is going on and why I get these ? images that do not show up when I check the disk on my PC?

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig
Old November 26, 2012, 01:12 AM
Allstar

Is there a maximum resolution limit?
Old November 26, 2012, 04:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

Please be informed that Sony Digital Photo Frame does not support SDXC memory cards*1 and other storage devices with exFAT format.

When exFAT formatted memory card*2 is inserted in the memory card slot an applicable model, your data in the memory card will be corrupted or lost. Please be sure not to use exFAT formatted memory cards.

*1 SDXC memory cards are preset to exFAT format at the point of purchase.
*2 Besides SDXC memory card, Sony Digital Photo Frame also does not support other memory cards and other recording media that are formatted with exFAT.
Old November 26, 2012, 10:39 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default SDHC no SDXC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
Please be informed that Sony Digital Photo Frame does not support SDXC memory cards*1 and other storage devices with exFAT format. . . .
Good to know, but this is a basic SDHC Card - and I would suspect that if this was the problem I would not see any of the pictures, not just the odd one here and there.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig
Old November 26, 2012, 09:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortkentdad View Post
Good to know, but this is a basic SDHC Card - and I would suspect that if this was the problem I would not see any of the pictures, not just the odd one here and there.

call sony and ask if there is any firmware update for your unit