Quote:
Originally Posted by PcWizTech View Post
The box says CML16GX3M4A1600C9
those are

DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Timing 9-9-9-24
Cas Latency 9
Voltage 1.5V

they should not give a problem as it's the Intel standard timing, increase a little bit the voltage
Old October 23, 2012, 05:53 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcWizTech View Post
If i get 4 errors on all of them on all slots how do i tell if its the motherboard or RAM? Ugh, i really hope i don't have to RMA my motherboard :( that was a pain last time.
If you get errors on all 4 on all 4 slots...probably the ram. BUT that would be HIGHLY unlikely. If it happens...stick a known good stick a ram in there and retest and see if you STILL get errors. If you do its the mobo. Otherwise its the ram. TBH I doubt it will come to that. Sometimes (usually) its as simple as one bad stick. Two bad sticks would be odd...3 unlikely and all 4...you are cursed (and I would start looking at handling procedures, mobo eating the ram, bad psu etc etc).

I assume where you are using four sticks you are running in 2T and not 1T? I found with Corsair LPs that they can get wonky in 1T when using all 4 sticks....and I bet you did not use an official 4 stick package but TWO 2 stick packages....like most of us do.

First thing first though, try one stick at a time and retest. Most likely it is only one bad stick. Good luck!

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old October 23, 2012, 06:38 AM
Allstar

AKG, I guess you are talking about the command rate (CR) 2N or 2T , with 16 GB I use always 2N , (9-9-9-24-2N ) if you can change for those G-skill I never need to increase voltage with those one

Newegg.ca - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL
Old October 23, 2012, 07:19 AM

Usually two of the 2x4GB kits are cheaper than the 4x4GB kit when it comes the Corsair Vengance LPs. USUALLY the mobo auto sets it to 2T but on a couple boards...it didnt (my own experience). The LPs blues....dont OC worth a crap and do NOT like being in 1T command rate when there are four of them. Its a long shot...but at this point...anything is worth a shot and not worth overlooking.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old October 23, 2012, 07:46 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Man i really feel like an Idiot, but im also eager to learn. Should i go ahead and increase the voltage to 1.6 from 1.5 THEN test the ram individually? Or do that now AND later? Also, what is this about 2T? Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Thanks.

Edit: One more quick thing (sorry if im annoying anyone), if i find only one or two sticks to be bad. Can i RMA just those two?
Old October 23, 2012, 08:19 AM
Allstar

the model the PCWiztech give us is for a 4x4 gb kit and they have a XMP profile. Corsair don't give info on the command rate (2T) 2N

Vengeance® Low Profile,

I don't think you sticks are bad, they are bad when you combine 4 of them, my guess is you will have 0 issues with any 2 of them, try to adjust the voltage and the timing, or best of all, get the RAM I link, Asus ROG forum as a nice BIOS tuning guide for the Maximus V, you can look at it it's a lot simmilar, you can see on the 5th line the Dramm command mode 1T (1N) 2T (2N) that AKG and I talk about

ASUS Z77 Motherboard UEFI BIOS Tuning Guide - Republic of Gamers

for the voltage they talk about it here

ASUS Z77 Motherboard UEFI BIOS Tuning Guide - Republic of Gamers
Old October 23, 2012, 08:36 AM

Ah I see! I missed that post. If they are a 4 stick combo, they will auto set to 2T....ofcourse that doesnt mean they did. Probably did, but could just be a gremlin.

TBH, before upping the voltage I would test individually. IF all FOUR pass (one at a time)...try two. If both groups of TWO pass...then its a timing, voltage or wonky issue at play (and then I would up the voltage, etc etc). But baby steps first. Try then 1 at a time and report back mate. Lets see whats goin' on...then deal with RMA'ing it :)

Old October 23, 2012, 09:22 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I taught he tested individually - I guess he did not.

I'd start by loading the BIOS Optimal settings, and then test the sticks individually (as mentioned previously). If it fails, consider raising the voltage and test again. If it fails, test in different slot.
You have to find out if the sticks or the board are the culprit.
Old October 23, 2012, 09:58 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Alright update guys: I didn't read the not upping the voltage part. I turned it up to 1.6v before i began testing. One out of the four sticks failed in one slot. I believe its just that stick is bad. Should i go back to 1.5v now or just stay at 1.6v? So far, although it has only been 15 minutes, i have not suffered any signs of BSOD. As for the question i had above, since i have one stick that fails memtest, can i RMA a single stick? Thanks guys.
Old October 23, 2012, 10:03 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Plug the 3 sticks in you didn't have errors on, and set the voltage to 1.5. Run memtest again. If you don't have errors at 1.5V, you're golden. If you do, set it back to 1.6.

I'm not sure if Corsair will exchange the one stick or make you send back the whole kit.