Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/)
-   -   Odd audio crackling randomly on pc sounds (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/57137-odd-audio-crackling-randomly-pc-sounds.html)

terrybear October 8, 2012 04:35 AM

Odd audio crackling randomly on pc sounds

This is simular to what the other person posted ... but here's the things going on:

Crackling occuring occasionaly / randomly 1-2 times or multiple back 2 back in instances when playing streaming video on utube, sportsnet. It also occures some on video/mp3 playback on windows media player 12 or vlc media player ..

BUT .... it does not occure in:
online games - combat arms, world of warplanes/tanks
any voice programs ... skype, ventrillo, raidcall

So with this being said .... thoughts ?? corupted sound drivers? signs of hardware begining to fail in hardware ?

ilya October 8, 2012 08:09 AM

Rule out software first: DPC Latency Checker

terrybear October 8, 2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilya (Post 660579)
Rule out software first: DPC Latency Checker

wasnt shure how to use it, but it was randomly going into the 1st level of the red but not far past that line & not consistantly .. so :blarg::doh:

ilya October 8, 2012 01:47 PM

Just think of it as a resource monitor (except it's for "software" lag) and do trial and error testing of which program/driver combinations cause the latency to shoot up. When it does shoot up, see if it coincides with the audio issues.

alex knipfer October 31, 2012 01:38 PM

If your using on board sound please get a sound card. This will solve all the sound issues and not have to deal with that junky on board sound. Based on what you described it doesn't sound like a driver issue.

ultraman7k October 31, 2012 03:14 PM

had the same issue a while back when i changed motherboards.

from what i understood at the time, it had to do with lanes crossing in someway from the PCI card i was using. No matter which slot I put it in, it would result in the same, annoying crackle.

went out, bought a PCI-E soundcard, problem went away.

terrybear October 31, 2012 05:57 PM

Just to update ....

I finaly gave up & uninstalled the soundcard & went to the onboard audio. And the problem has stopped ... so think the card is going for shure. The onboard sounds the best of the realteks, but i definately find it lacking vs the X-Fi's ..

Dr_BenD_over October 31, 2012 08:19 PM

I've gotten the feeling over the years that Creative purposely borks the drivers for their older cards to force people to upgrade, even though they haven't really put anything new out for years now. :ph34r:

Perineum October 31, 2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex knipfer (Post 667726)
If your using on board sound please get a sound card. This will solve all the sound issues and not have to deal with that junky on board sound.

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrybear (Post 667776)
I finaly gave up & uninstalled the soundcard & went to the onboard audio. And the problem has stopped ...

Zinger!