Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 27, 2012, 07:39 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
You may have a faulty PSU. 1050w should be enough for your rig. Give enermax a phone call. Explain what's happening and see if they will exchange for 1100w or 1200w. A lot of companies will upgrade a faulty piece of hardware. I know for a fact that Dell does. Get them on the phone and do a little negotiating. You never know til you try. Also,let them know you're a member here,and have asked for advice. I'm sure they know of the many potential buyers in a forum such as ours,and that may well impact their decision. Let us know what happens. Good luck!

Well I found the sales invoice, purchased it oct 27th 2010. 23 months ago.

I remember running grid batman metro 2033 bf3 3 way sli, never any problems even when the cards were air cooled.

It would be nice, rma location is Ontario for Enermax , so shipping would not be too much.
Old October 1, 2012, 08:39 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

So i received an email today from enermax canada.

I am pushing the 1050w to the limit new and after 23 months of use it seems I need to rma it. Hopefully I can get a 1250w.

Dear customer,

A power supply should not gotten weak in time.
However, beside a defective PS issue, other factors such as overheating, a defective video card or motherboard issue could cause problem like this.

You could try the below link of “Power Supply Calculator from Enermax” to check if 1050W power supply is sufficient or not.
http://www.enermax.outervision.com/

If you decide to get a replacement PS from us, please do not hesitate to contact our RMA department (905-881-3606 ext.237).

Eddy
Comtronic Computer Inc,