Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 13, 2012, 09:31 PM
Top Prospect

Smile Laptop Restarts at bios screen...

Hey Everyone,

Nice to meet u all..... ^_^

I recently bought a Lenovo Ideapad U410 Ultrabook it came with windows 7 64bit and i just wanted to re partition the Harddisk and at tat time i only had windows 7 ultimate 32bit os... so i tried installing it... And when it asks for the partition to install the os it displayed nothing it was empty... And then i read somewhere that we need to change the sata controller mode to AHCI From RAID and i did tat in bios and then tried installing again and everything worked fine but the next day when i tried to turn on the lap it shows the lenovo screen and then it keeps on restarting in a continuous loop.. then i have to turn off the lap and turn it on again and it will work fine then.. this doesn't happen everytime i turn on the system but sometimes.. how can i fix this??? Hope u can help me..

Thanks ^_^
Old September 13, 2012, 09:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by syaoran7li View Post
Hey Everyone,

Nice to meet u all..... ^_^

I recently bought a Lenovo Ideapad U410 Ultrabook it came with windows 7 64bit and i just wanted to re partition the Harddisk and at tat time i only had windows 7 ultimate 32bit os... so i tried installing it... And when it asks for the partition to install the os it displayed nothing it was empty... And then i read somewhere that we need to change the sata controller mode to AHCI From RAID and i did tat in bios and then tried installing again and everything worked fine but the next day when i tried to turn on the lap it shows the lenovo screen and then it keeps on restarting in a continuous loop.. then i have to turn off the lap and turn it on again and it will work fine then.. this doesn't happen everytime i turn on the system but sometimes.. how can i fix this??? Hope u can help me..

Thanks ^_^
You need to leave it as AHCI and re-install Windows. Sounds like your getting a BSOD during bootup for a filesystem it can't find.
Old September 13, 2012, 10:06 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
You need to leave it as AHCI and re-install Windows. Sounds like your getting a BSOD during bootup for a filesystem it can't find.

Thanks for Replying... ^_^

Ya only when i keep it in AHCI it Boots up windows... If i change it to RAID it Doesnt Boot at all...

BSOD??? anyway to fix it??
Old September 13, 2012, 10:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The above, when installing windows (download whatever version came with the laptop and use your product code) choose custom install, delete the partition, re-partition, reformat and then install.
Old September 13, 2012, 10:08 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
The above, when installing windows (download whatever version came with the laptop and use your product code) choose custom install, delete the partition, re-partition, reformat and then install.

Ohhh so the problem is cuz i installed a different OS than it came with....??

So if i install 64 bit OS the problem will go away right??