Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 13, 2012, 06:32 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

I did manage to download the 1.5 patch installer(was in the SC2 directory), which I then had to run it about 8 times to download the 'other' installer (Kept getting a cannot connect to tracker error about every 10MB of the 80MB download. I'm now downloading 1.02GB of patch 1.5.2...
Old September 13, 2012, 09:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's sad that Blizzard doesn't seem to be the company we grew to love and respect... Doesn't help that they're with the evil Activision these days.
Old September 14, 2012, 11:20 AM
Allstar

This sounds simialr to a ticket I've ahd open with Stema since February. Basically after their beta a year or so ago I cannot connect to their servers and so not only can I not install the $50 game I bought in January (and have media for) but I cannot play the other 3 games (that I have media for) that are already installed because I need to connect to steam first.

This all happend after they "upgraded" their service with the beta a year ago but it's somehow:

my fault, my systems fault, my routers fault, my modems fault, my connections fault, anything-but-their-fault

despite all the troublshooting and my being able to connect everywhere else and even game online.

Looks like it's becoming standard practice sell a game and then to hell with the services since we have the money and no one refunds opened software.

Sorry for the mini rant but things like Steam and Blizzard et al burn me up.
Old September 14, 2012, 12:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Yep, same could be said about Steam and the one issue I had in the past. Had a ticket open for weeks before it was addressed and they kept telling me things to do that I stated in the ticket I had tried. Ultimately the only way to rectify the problem was to reinstall windows because the installer (no matter where i downloaded it from) kept screwing up the exe it was writing regardless of what hard drive or storage drive I pointed it to.

The issue was never resolved from Steam without me doing a nuke and pave, with the ticket staying open for a few months before they just closed it.
Old September 14, 2012, 03:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thank god the lady on the other side of the line was very calm, polite and had a clue about things; finally got things working.

Turns out I had to enable secondary logon in services.

So now, I can see if I can fight my fear of 1v1. Don't know why but in 1st season I managed to climb from from Bronze to Diamond, played in 2nd season and then got to hide in 2v2 and 4v4.
Old September 14, 2012, 07:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Installing Diablo and SC2 on my computers multiple times (due to formatting) and never had any problems here...
Old September 15, 2012, 10:40 AM
Allstar

Tidbit about Blizzard and WoW I rana cross today ... Looking inside your screenshots
Old September 15, 2012, 11:13 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteOwl View Post
Tidbit about Blizzard and WoW I rana cross today ... Looking inside your screenshots

Wow!!!! (Pun intended.... :) ). That's an impressive display of detective work / reverse engineering.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old September 15, 2012, 05:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I was locked out of SC2 for nearly a month, apparently they think someone is hacking if you don't play their game for a few months and then log back in...
Old September 15, 2012, 05:14 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I actually have my WoW account banned (haven't gone through the motions to get it unbanned as I don't plan on playing it again) for in a nut shell "selling gold" Funny thing is, when I received the ban which was probably 6 months ago my account wasn't logged in nor active (aka sub) for over a year and a bit. I can get it unbanned if I show them proof of ownership (policy) but talking to the first person, aka outside of the automated "you're banned and here's why" they told me it shouldn't have happened. Still, Blizzard has my WoW account banned for activity impossible on an unsubbed account. GG