Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 8, 2012, 11:05 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Canon MX410 Network Printer Problems

I realize this isn't a 'computer' problem per se but I have exhausted my googling skills on this.

I have the Canon MX410 connected via USB to my Asus RT-N16 running Tomato. I have two computer set up to use it as a printer (and both can print test pages just fine) but am trying to get the scanner to work as well. I am trying to scan with the Canon software - Solution Menu EX v1.4 but to no avail. Any ideas? I'm at my wits end!

Thanks in advance!
Old September 8, 2012, 04:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connectivity canon
Built-In Wireless: Print and scan wirelessly from any Wi-FiŽ1 enabled computer around the house.
Super G3 Fax: The business fax standard for color and PC facsimiles on plain paper meets the home office workhorse with 20 coded speed dials and up to 50 incoming pages.11
Mobile Printing: Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone 4, 3G, 3GS, iPod touch and Android devices.5
USB / PictBridge & Optional Bluetooth: Don't feel like using a computer? No problem. Print directly from a PictBridge6 cable from your digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone while also printing from the optional BU-30 wireless Bluetooth7 unit.
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed: Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
i see the problem that its a wireless connection not a lan connection printer

canon networking manual.pdf
Old September 9, 2012, 01:48 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post

i see the problem that its a wireless connection not a lan connection printer

canon networking manual.pdf
You're correct - it has the option of being a wireless printer. It would be great if it were laptops that needed to connect to it but I am trying to use this with two desktops.

[Comp A]'''''|
................|----[Router]----[Printer]
[Comp B]__|

Excuse my ASCII art but that is what I am trying to do =)

Last edited by Musabi; September 11, 2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old September 10, 2012, 04:16 AM
Hall Of Fame

then you need to set up router to allow printer's IP