Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 3, 2012, 08:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Red Screens with GTX 680 on a triple monitor setup

Hey guys,

I was just hoping one of you might have some insight into my problem.

I have an ASUS GTX 680 hooked up to 3 Dell Ultrasharp 23" monitors. I've been using driver 301.42 for the past several months with barely any issues, I would get a red screen every month or so, but it was quite rare.

I purchased Guild Wars 2 a few days ago, and it recommended I upgrade my driver to version 304.48. I ended up trying version 306.02 and immediately got red screens on 2 of my monitors within 30 seconds of booting windows.

I removed 306.02 and tried 304.48, same thing. Within a minute 1 screen went red, 2 minutes later another went red. Same thing with another version I tried, 304.79. I went back to 301.42, and everything was back to normal. Tried another clean sweep of the drivers, and tried the 3 different versions again to no avail.

I am going to try the drivers on a completely fresh install in a few days, once I get my new water cooling loop setup. Do you think there is anything wrong with my card? Anyone else having problems with the latest divers? I'm scared to put a water block on it now that it started doing this.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by mrjuggles; September 3, 2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old September 3, 2012, 08:21 PM
Top Prospect

Download the latest drivers that are not in beta, and uninstall AIDA64, GPU-Z and any other benchmarking tools. Your card should be fine, it's a very well known problem that is being addressed (AIDA64 has a new build also). Sometimes it just takes time to iron these issues out, good luck.
Old September 3, 2012, 08:50 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

According to the NVIDIA site the latest drivers not in beta are the ones I've been using the past few month, 301.42.

I don't have AIDA64 or GPUz installed, I do have ASUS GPU Tweak installed though.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old September 4, 2012, 12:20 PM
Top Prospect

If you are worried about the card, just run it in single screen to make sure it is running perfectly, once you have determined that the card is indeed good to go with one screen you can assume that the issue lies with multi screen driver support either at Nvidia's end or game developer end.