Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 3, 2012, 06:22 PM
Allstar

Few flecks of what came out exactly? I hope it's not plastic and metal bits.
Old September 3, 2012, 06:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow View Post
Few flecks of what came out exactly? I hope it's not plastic and metal bits.
no dust .... blew it both thru the back of the unit where some dust or fluff came out & when I did thru the fan intake nothing came thru the back of the unit. Cleaned everything off of dust residue .. so again so far so good (knock on wood)
Old September 3, 2012, 09:57 PM
Allstar

Hmmm. This leads to more questions. Would a PSU shut down / restart due to overheating? I have never experience this kind of problem and I had blown out lumps of dust bunnies from my Antec & Enermax before. Or may be dust build up is shorting out the unit some how?
Old September 3, 2012, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow View Post
Hmmm. This leads to more questions. Would a PSU shut down / restart due to overheating? I have never experience this kind of problem and I had blown out lumps of dust bunnies from my Antec & Enermax before. Or may be dust build up is shorting out the unit some how?
Now I am suspecting it might be a cpu load issue of my chip not gettin enough voltage for the oc I think, just bumped it up abit more & will see if it affects some of my games from instantly closing/dropping on me with no error ..
Old September 7, 2012, 01:47 PM
Banned

Just to update this ... getting random restarts like as if I hit the reset button on the case ... no buzzing in the powersupply ... now occuring randomly. Beliefs that its the power supply ?

thanks
Old September 7, 2012, 01:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

No BSOD's or anything showing up for Dump Files?
If so, then it is possible.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 7, 2012, 02:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Kinda hard to pin that one down. Best case scenario is to borrow a psu to use for a while to see if you can eliminate the restarts.

I vote we (HWC) keep spare parts in circulation for members to borrow for trouble shooting purposes. Lemmesee now, one spare kit for the east and one spare kit for the west, ya that outta do it.

Right now for the west I have one spare psu and one spare X79 mobo and I could prolly spare a little DDR3 if I had to.
Old September 7, 2012, 02:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
No BSOD's or anything showing up for Dump Files?
If so, then it is possible.

-ST

Well the next thing im thinkin about doin is disconnecting the reset cable to see if its a short there as the possiblity ... but i've had it occure on idle n on load in a game ....

I've posted on corsairs forum to see my next move cause i dont think my hardware oc'ed is taxin the ps ..
Old September 7, 2012, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Kinda hard to pin that one down. Best case scenario is to borrow a psu to use for a while to see if you can eliminate the restarts.

I vote we (HWC) keep spare parts in circulation for members to borrow for trouble shooting purposes. Lemmesee now, one spare kit for the east and one spare kit for the west, ya that outta do it.

Right now for the west I have one spare psu and one spare X79 mobo and I could prolly spare a little DDR3 if I had to.
That would be a great idea if we could have some kinda honor system in doin so ...

Worst part for me is the funds i could have had to get a new 1 are prettymuch next to nill for a addiquite leveled one ..
Old September 7, 2012, 03:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybear View Post
That would be a great idea if we could have some kinda honor system in doin so ...

Worst part for me is the funds i could have had to get a new 1 are prettymuch next to nill for a addiquite leveled one ..
I hear ya there. Just pretty much blew my budget troubleshooting my rig and it so far is not conclusive. Could have fixed it with what I spent on the wrong (maybe) parts.