Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 25, 2012, 06:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Girlfriend's Laptop Won't Load some websites

Okay so my girlfriends laptop won't load lakeheadu.ca or any other lakehead websites when connected to her router. My laptop and cell phone will connect and load them and her cellphone will connect however the laptop will not.

I am not sure if it is a problem with the laptop wireless adapter or the router because when plugged in directly to the modem there is no problem but no other devices have an issue connecting to the router.

Any help would be greatly appreciated let me know if you need anymore info to help me out.
Old August 25, 2012, 07:21 PM
Allstar

Dumb question but have you tested with 3 to 4 different browser on her laptop? It sounds more like a browser issue and IE9 suck octopus nut sacks. If it's a network issue, it shouldn't be a partial load.
Old August 25, 2012, 10:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

which web browser and which plugins are installed some thing is possibly blocking the .ca or the word lakehead?blocking the check to see if there is a filter on here laptops firewall
Old August 26, 2012, 07:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Sounds like a cache/cookie issue. See if you can go into your cookies and deleting anything related to the site. You could always completely clear all of the cache/cookies for the web browser, but that would remove any passwords or saved settings on all websites.
Old August 26, 2012, 08:38 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

@Moocow tested and not working

@Shadow Nothing blocking it

@Arinoth I will run CCleaner and see what happens
Old August 26, 2012, 09:26 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I wasn't referring to running CCleaner, you can clean out your cookies/cache within firefox itself (if you are using it) and I'm fairly certain the other web browsers can allow you to do it too.
Old August 26, 2012, 09:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
Okay so my girlfriends laptop won't load lakeheadu.ca or any other lakehead websites when connected to her router. My laptop and cell phone will connect and load them and her cellphone will connect however the laptop will not.

I am not sure if it is a problem with the laptop wireless adapter or the router because when plugged in directly to the modem there is no problem but no other devices have an issue connecting to the router.

Any help would be greatly appreciated let me know if you need anymore info to help me out.
Here is what you do. Try to open these websites in a browser and if they don't work do this.
1) Open a elevated command prompt
2) Use the "ping" and "traceroute" commands to see if you can get to them that way

If #2 works you have a proxy/dns issue either based on your computer or ISP.
Old August 26, 2012, 12:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Here is what you do. Try to open these websites in a browser and if they don't work do this.
1) Open a elevated command prompt
2) Use the "ping" and "traceroute" commands to see if you can get to them that way

If #2 works you have a proxy/dns issue either based on your computer or ISP.
Okay I will give this a shot... I wont be able to do it today or tonight and then I am gone for 3 days but I will update you when i can.