Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 24, 2012, 05:13 PM
Rookie

So the guys on AnandTech have decided that there's nothing wrong and this is standard performance I can expect from my specs :( Which is sad but I guess that comes with laptops... How do you think this machine would do (Toshiba Satellite P800 15.6" Intel Core i7-3610QM Laptop (P850-057) : 15" Laptops - Future Shop Similar or a little better. It costs a bit more but not much. It's an i7 so the processor is a little more powerful and the GT630M seems a bit stronger then the 7670M. I think I'm just clutching at straws here because the performance won't be much better.
Old September 17, 2012, 02:39 PM
Trial Member

Just registered for this forum after I saw your problem. What I had to is right click on your desktop and click on configure switchable graphics. From there you can change the performance for each program between high performance and power saving. High performance uses the dedicate gpu (possibly in crossfire with the integrated gpu but I haven't deleved that deep).

I have to do it for every game and program just about. Easiest way is to run your game. Exit the game. Right click desktop as above........

There will be a list with recent programs and you just click the button to the right of it to switch between power saving and performance for each one.

As for 3d mark 11. It wouldn't even run for me I changed the settings to high performance for that and an exe process (can't remember the name) it was using and it worked no bother. It also reported my 7670m as something else. Something with a "g" at the end. One of the numbers amd uses to name the combination of igpu and dgpu.

As for drivers, I don't think you can just update them like a desktop. There's a message at the bottom of the driver download screen saying that new drivers are not suitable for notebooks built before the driver release date. I know for hp you download them from hp's website under the support for your model. Not sure about Toshiba or Acer (which I have).

Hope this helps and sorry if you have already tried this.