Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 23, 2012, 11:47 PM
Rookie

I did not installed LucidLogix, should I?
i5 3570k 3.4GHZ, HD7850 2GB, Asus P8Z77-V LX, WD Caviar Blue SATA 6GB/s 1TB, G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB, CM Hyper 212 Plus, Antec 750W modular, Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, Acer S230HL 23'' widescreen LCD, Samsung 19'' widescreen LCD
Old August 23, 2012, 11:49 PM
Gameman Advanced Kid

i dont think that using the onboard video and graphics card will work....i think.

IN A NUTSHELL

buy a DVI MALE to VGA FEMALE adapter for the 19" monitor

buy a HDMI MALE to DVI FEMALE adapter for the 23" monitor

AND THEN

plug the 19" monitor into the DVI to VGA adapter and then into DVI port of your graphics card

plug the 23" monitor into the HDMI to DVI adapter and then into the HDMI port of your graphics card.

hope these "idiot proof" instructions made sense.

i dont know about lucid logix though. if it still dosent work then give the infamous "lucid logix" a go. two monitors should work just fine once you hook them up on the same card.

srry if this post sounds stupid mr. moderator. i just so happen to love talking about computers and asking for answers that i doubt about and then accept. anyhorse....

hope this helps

Last edited by Gameman Advanced Kid; August 23, 2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old August 24, 2012, 12:03 AM
Allstar

You don't need to install LucidLogix to use multi-monitor because that feature is supported right out of the box by the video card. LucidLogix is there to combine the power of the onboard video module and the dedicated video card to increase performance. From my quick Google search, LucidLogix will give you just shy of 10% increase in performance. So it's up to you to decide if you want to fiddle around with the setup.

Virtu Universal MVP Review | Hardware Secrets
Old August 24, 2012, 12:09 AM
Rookie

So this to plug my 23'' DVI to the HDMI of my GPU

And this for the old 19'' vga, I got everything right? Sorry I'm trying to learn but it's very technical for someone who usually just plug a toaster.
i5 3570k 3.4GHZ, HD7850 2GB, Asus P8Z77-V LX, WD Caviar Blue SATA 6GB/s 1TB, G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB, CM Hyper 212 Plus, Antec 750W modular, Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, Acer S230HL 23'' widescreen LCD, Samsung 19'' widescreen LCD
Old August 24, 2012, 12:20 AM
Allstar

That looks about right. The DVI -> VGA adapter should come with the video card. A quick look on NCIX and it seem the HDMI -> DVI adapter cost more than the HDMI->DVI cable.

ION Cables HDMI/DVI-MM-6 HDMI to DVI M/M 1.8M 6FT Digital High Quality Video Cable Sleeved - Ion Cables - HDMI/DVI-MM-6-SL
Old August 24, 2012, 12:31 AM
Rookie

They are both very cheap on Amazon 3$, 4$ so not a big deal hehee.

I want to thank everyone that helped me today, I really appreciate that you all took the time and patience to answer my n00b questions! As soon as I get the adaptor I'll post a picture of my final build. I was sure I could do it, t was far more difficult then I thought, it always look so easy on youtube but in reality it was a lot of fumbling with pieces and trying to figure out the wiring.

Big hugs from a happy woman! This is resolved :)
Old August 24, 2012, 12:33 AM
Allstar

You're very welcome. At least you did your research and ask well thought out questions. Putting it together is easy but configuration is not.
Old August 24, 2012, 07:42 AM
Gameman Advanced Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigitte View Post
They are both very cheap on Amazon 3$, 4$ so not a big deal hehee.

I want to thank everyone that helped me today, I really appreciate that you all took the time and patience to answer my n00b questions! As soon as I get the adaptor I'll post a picture of my final build. I was sure I could do it, t was far more difficult then I thought, it always look so easy on youtube but in reality it was a lot of fumbling with pieces and trying to figure out the wiring.

Big hugs from a happy woman! This is resolved :)
a woman building a computer....thats something i dont see everyday!

anyway, well im glad our advice helped you out.