Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 17, 2012, 08:58 AM
Rookie

Default Asus P8Z68-V PRO red RAM-light, no boot

Today I upgraded my RAM on my Asus P8Z68-V PRO motherboard from 4GB(Corsair XMS3 2x2GB) to 8GB(Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB). The PC was working perfectly today until I changed the RAM. The PC started up with all fans running, but black screen/no signal. I tried putting the RAM in and out several times to see if that was the problem, but nothing changed. I noticed the red light next to the RAM were light. I then tried switching back to the old RAM, that worked just an hour before, but no... The exact same problem. After reading around the web, I found out clicking on the memOK! button would help. I pushed it down for three second(as advised) until the light stopped, then restart, the red light started flashing, then restart again after some time, but same problem. Everything runs in the case, but no signal on screen(the screen/cables is not the problem...).
Old August 17, 2012, 02:49 PM
NCIX System Builder

My System Specs

Try pulling the battery on the board, the previous memory settings may not work with the Vengeance. Pulling the battery will default the CMOS, so you will have to reset all the settings back to what you had.
Old August 17, 2012, 03:41 PM
Rookie

I tried to clear the CMOS, but with no luck. I did finally solve it, the problem was I hadn't pushed the RAM hard enough, cause I didn't want to damage the board. Thanks anyway!

Tags
asus , p8z68