Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 13, 2012, 09:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default where to start trouble shooting?

ok first I feel kind of silly becasue I missed this thread about not being able to make new topics so I sent a report to you admins...ooops sorry about that.
ok now for my new thread

for some strange reason when I was playing a game after a while my PC would freeze I could hear a buzzing noise in the back ground sop I did a hard reboot, quickly looked at my temps and everything with around 40c so I thing restarted my game and it my game froze again at the same point. I thought that it was a glitch in the game.

after a few more times of this happening and my self getting past the point of the game that my PC froze it did it again, I then decided that I would reboot and try a different game.

after playing a totally different game and a couple of hours into the game the exact same thing happen, my PC froze and I could hear that buzzing sound so I just let my PC sit for a little while to see what would happen.
Well the buzzing sound would change to a different tone but the out come is the same. I did a hard restart again , now I have decided to test but I am not sure where to start.
what should I test first?
I was thinking of re installing my OS onto a SSD just to see if it my be a HD problem but I think I will hold off on thqat and see what other people think I should do first
Code:
Gigabyte Sabertooth 990 FX
Phenom II X6 1100T be water-cooled
12GB DDR3
gtx 560ti
1tb black HD
320seagate
Old August 13, 2012, 12:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

My 560 ti makes a buzzing noise but my computer does.not freeze if it has been.under load for like 10+ hours. This seems like.a different issue but might be worth investigating.
Old August 13, 2012, 01:27 PM
Allstar

I never seen a HDD making buzzing sound. It could be your GPU or PSU having problems as you didn't say the lock up occurs when you are just using the computer.
Old August 13, 2012, 10:26 PM
MVP

Grab a video camera, record it and post on youtube?

They say you can tell how rich a man's life has been, by how many dogs he has had in it.

RIP Kiwi - Oct 19th/05 - April 18th/11, you will always be our puppy
Old August 14, 2012, 01:22 AM
Top Prospect

Perhaps a silly question, but are you using discs in an optical drive? The discs, or drive may be damaged in some manner.
Assuming that the GPU drivers and games are fully patched and current, I would open the side panel and check the fans (PSU fan also) to ensure that they are still working, and airflow is unobstructed. Wouldn't be a terrible idea to run memory and disk utilities either.