Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 3, 2012, 03:21 PM
Rookie

Default Boot loop

Mobo z68
I didnt even get to boot my pc up properly once. As soon as i assembled it and plugged in i started getting the boot loop. Tried:
resetting cmos battery
checked ram
tried ps/2 keyboard
made sure all wires are properly in

First few times i could get into bios but i didnt know what was wrong so i didnt do anything
5 times bluescreen error, something about windows
and now it wont go past bios flash screen, it just stays there and then shuts down.
Doesnt accept keyboard input anymore, dont know what changed this.
Old August 3, 2012, 04:17 PM
Allstar

Have you tried disconnecting everything except 1 stick of RAM and 1 video card? If that still give you problem, it may be the motherboard.
Old August 3, 2012, 04:27 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow View Post
Have you tried disconnecting everything except 1 stick of RAM and 1 video card? If that still give you problem, it may be the motherboard.
It is the motherboard.
Its a very common issue. Im asking if theres any solution besides trying to get a new one?
Old August 3, 2012, 05:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

Diagnose it outside of the case with basic essentials first
Old August 3, 2012, 05:16 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Diagnose it outside of the case with basic essentials first
Im sorry what does that mean?
Old August 3, 2012, 06:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It means putting your components on a non-conductive surface and powering up bare minimum of components to see what the results are. The idea is to see what happens at each step, if results are good add another component and try again. You keep going in steps until you narrow down which component is giving you grief. Unfortunately, for me anyway, there comes a time when the only definitive way to solve the issue is to take a guess and replace the component you suspect the most. Google really helps out in these situations. Here is a bit of a motherboard troubleshooting guide taken from the Asus forum that will be relevant for other brands as well;
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- ****************************Bad BIOS Flash and Dead Board Testing. ***** ALL Boards *****

Check your manufactures websites and forums for people who have had similar problems, you may find the answer you need there. Good luck!
Old August 6, 2012, 05:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

sounds like a bad drive power/data cable issue , re check all connections or failed HDD

also what mode are the HDD raid or ahci