Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 5, 2012, 01:43 PM
Top Prospect

Quad-channel RAM is great, your board will work fine with 2 sticks of RAM, and likewise should do well with 3. It's always best to download the latest drivers from the manufacturers website. This seems like a strange question, but did you do a fresh OS install on that SSD? As migrating to a different platform can sometimes bring with it certain issues.
Old August 6, 2012, 08:40 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceBooth View Post
Quad-channel RAM is great, your board will work fine with 2 sticks of RAM, and likewise should do well with 3. It's always best to download the latest drivers from the manufacturers website. This seems like a strange question, but did you do a fresh OS install on that SSD? As migrating to a different platform can sometimes bring with it certain issues.
Yes, I did a fresh OS install.
Old August 6, 2012, 05:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Its a nice build you've got there. As everyone has suggested, make sure you have the 4th schtick of RAM, proper drivers installed, AHCI mode for your SSD, and get a new video card (670/7950 or higher would be ideal). Get a new psu as well: Corsair, XFX, Antec, Seasonic, are the usual suspects. System should be fine.

Tags
2011 , 3820 , gene , x79 , xspc