Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30, 2012, 07:15 AM
Rookie

Default First build, VGA LED :S

Hi Guys,

My computer has been working Fine from day 1 (although with orange horizontal lines that would flash on startup, or startup of a game, going into sleep...etc)

I changed the board, still the same problem. Checked it out at local store, they said nothing was wrong with my hardware :S.

Brought it home with the same problem, also now with my computer shutting down instantly (resetting), by itself. (it would reset/shut off, even during POST a few times after the original instant shut down)

Now my VGA LED is on and no signal to my PC screen. (I connected an old POS videocard which gives me the ability to see again, but still with the VGA led on (before it detects GPU)

I'm using:

p8z77-v pro motherboard,
i5-3570k (integrated graphics is what i was using before POS GPU) (which i might note, the videocard doesn't display the orange horizontal lines like i have seen when using the integrated graphics alone)

I have the latest 1206 p8z77-v pro firmware,

Also had the latest graphic drivers (before the cpu graphics decided to display VGA LED)

If anyone knows anything, please help :(. Spent a lot on this pc, and it's been a stressful time since + a lot of wasted time trying to find resolutions.
Old July 30, 2012, 06:56 PM
Top Prospect

Did you overclock it at all? If the IGP portion of the CPU is toast it will throw a solid VGA led on that board. Are you sure that CPU works fine on other boards?
Old July 31, 2012, 03:27 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylSp View Post
Did you overclock it at all? If the IGP portion of the CPU is toast it will throw a solid VGA led on that board. Are you sure that CPU works fine on other boards?
Souster - I never overclocked. haven't tried moving \cpu either.
Old August 4, 2012, 09:15 PM
Top Prospect

First off, I would suggest resetting your CMOS which should be detailed in the motherboard manual. Also, because it has been in transport (to the store), you may want to ensure that all of your power connectors are firmly seated. It would also be helpful if you had a spare PSU lying around to troubleshoot if the problem persists.