Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 13, 2008, 06:13 PM
Top Prospect

Exclamation stacker 830 front usb ports problem...

Hey ! Please help ! I just can't get my front usb ports to work. They simply won't detect anything I plug in there. Before you ask, I've triple checked if the the case connectors where plugged at the right places on the board...everything seems alright there.Also, I haven't found any usb drivers on my mobo cd neither on the asus website. I'm running vista 64-bits. See my signature for other details.

Thanks in advance !
8 Gig Gskill pc2 8000 4x2gig
HIS HD4870X2
BenQ V2400W monitor
Pc power and cooling quad 750
Cooler Master Stacker 830

Old April 13, 2008, 06:27 PM
MVP
F@H

Did you make sure that the external USB port headers are enabled in your motherboard's BIOS?

I am in the same boat as you as all four USB ports in the front of my Stacker cease to work and I am not sure why (And yes I have the external USB port headers enabled since they worked in my last case.)

You shouldn't need any USB drivers.
Old April 13, 2008, 06:37 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by werty316 View Post
Did you make sure that the external USB port headers are enabled in your motherboard's BIOS?

I am in the same boat as you as all four USB ports in the front of my Stacker cease to work and I am not sure why (And yes I have the external USB port headers enabled since they worked in my last case.)

You shouldn't need any USB drivers.
I went in bios, but haven't found any options called "external USB port headers" or anything that "sounds" like that... Do ya have the same board as I ( p5k-e wifi) ????
HIS HD4870X2
BenQ V2400W monitor

Old April 13, 2008, 06:52 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHf View Post
Do ya have the same board as I ( p5k-e wifi) ????
Nope.

Just check and make sure you have all onboard USB devices enabled in the "USB Configuration" section in your motherboard's BIOS.

EDIT: if you have other external USB ports you could try testing them to make sure the USB headers on your board are functional.
Old April 13, 2008, 07:07 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by werty316 View Post
Nope.

Just check and make sure you have all onboard USB devices enabled in the "USB Configuration" section in your motherboard's BIOS.

EDIT: if you have other external USB ports you could try testing them to make sure the USB headers on your board are functional.
I've checked in bios again, enabled everything usb related... header still dosen't work. Unfortunately, I don't have any other external usb ports ! Guess I' gonna have to live with it...unless somebody else has another idea... Anyways, thanks for your help bro !
HIS HD4870X2
BenQ V2400W monitor