Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 26, 2012, 05:48 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default h100 installation woes

Hello.

I just purchased a H100 to install on my crosshair V mobo with a fx8150 cpu.

I had no trouble mounting the unit and the fans inside my 500r case. I attached the proper retention clip for amd and secured the waterblock as instructed and then my computer will not post. The fans work and the unit glows and sounds kinda like mabye a pump is going but then the computer restarts.

Any past experiences that might shed some light on this? The computer works with the stock cooler again.
Old July 26, 2012, 05:58 PM
MVP

My System Specs

how long does it run for? does it post? if not it sounds like a short somewhere.... if it does post then its not mounted properly or running at all and its overheating
Old July 26, 2012, 07:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

It does not post. However, I un-mounted the h100 and reseated the stock cooler and it's working great.

The fan controller unit is supplying power to the fans but I have no clue if the pump is turning on.

I was going to pick up some surface purifier and try again, any thoughts? My only thought was it wasn't mounted correctly or the pump doesn't work.

Edit: It runs for about 10 seconds then shuts off.

I figure if i can safely mount a thermal probe to the cooler i can see what's going on. I have a brand new scythe something or other 4 channel :)

Last edited by Masteroderus; July 26, 2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old July 26, 2012, 08:41 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I installed it again. Very easy install for AMD. One of the pins on the molex connector on the h100 side is not seated properly. I do not have the expertise to fix this silly little problem, but I would be willing to try.

Does anyone know how to verify if the pump is working and how to properly re-seat a pin in a molex connector?

Thanks for the help.
Old July 27, 2012, 07:48 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

have you tried just pushing the wires into the molex connector? the wires are on a butt connector, and its just pushed into the molex housing by pressure. If you want to remove it, maybe look into youtube videos on tutorials on sleeving wires. They show the process to take apart the connector.
Old July 27, 2012, 07:58 AM
Rookie

If I remember right a hollowed out normal pen housing works great to remove molex pins
Old July 27, 2012, 04:19 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixrage View Post
have you tried just pushing the wires into the molex connector? the wires are on a butt connector, and its just pushed into the molex housing by pressure. If you want to remove it, maybe look into youtube videos on tutorials on sleeving wires. They show the process to take apart the connector.
Yeah i did push the wire into the molex connector but it won't stay. I'm gonna just try and exchange it.
Old July 28, 2012, 11:03 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Hurray memory express!! I took it back for a full refund without any haggling.