Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 20, 2012, 07:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Galaxy GTX 680 problem

Well it seems I'm back to getting my fun problem with my Galaxy GTX 680. That problems is that my monitor will randomly lose its signal causing everything to be thrown onto my main monitor. This is inconveniant as it's interrupted me playing games, doing work or watching a movie on my second monitor.

It used to be that the original drivers for the 6xx allowed me to not have this issue whatsoever, with EVERY other driver update since then (beta or official) causing this. I now moved back to the original drivers and I'm getting it again. I can only surmise that after 4-5 different drivers this HAS to be the card (some kind of defect) rather then ALL of the nVidia drivers.

Your thoughts?
Old June 20, 2012, 09:36 PM
MVP

could it be the monitor? not likely but worth testing out:

swap ur primary and 2ndary monitors and see if its still the same monitor loosing signal, if its always the same monitor (check different connections on the card too maybe...)

duno, just my 2 cents, but imo the odds of it being the card are the most likely to me too...
Old June 20, 2012, 10:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I've actually noticed the same thing happening on my 670, single monitor.

It plays everything smooth and not even running 100% but I've noticed 3 times now in the last week that the screen goes blank for about 2 sec and then returns to normal (the monitor doesn't have enough time to display a no-signal message so not sure if it is no signal or just a blank screen)..
very annoying with such a high end product that apart from this is so bloody good.
Wondering if there is a design / manufacturing flaw with them or if it's due to the way it does the boost clock (maybe it trips it-self up sometimes when increasing / decreasing the clock?)

Any one else seen anything like this?
Old June 21, 2012, 04:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

It's not the monitor, I have 3 on my desk, two the exact same model and this happens to it as well. This is the only card I've had to ever do this too, it's rather annoying and makes me not want to buy another galaxy, as I shouldnt have these issues with the card say a month in since the original driver releases.

Dzz, who made your 670?