Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 15, 2012, 11:04 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

How many monitors are you running? My computer BSOD's every time when I have 3 monitors plugged into my GTX 670. It doesn't when I have 2 monitors however. So much for nVidia surround..
Old June 15, 2012, 11:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

for the 670 and 680 1 LCD only, so over kill I know but hell when you get stuff free you dont complain haha. It was a issue with the 6XX and Server, Now I have to pull my WC 6970 from the sales forum as I am going to water cool my server on fathers day :D.

Should I got 2 x Triple 140 rads or should I go 2x Quad 140 rads? plus will one pump have enough push to cool 2 8 cores and a gpu?
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old June 15, 2012, 11:17 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I'm not a WC expert but it sounds like 1 pump would be enough to work.
Old June 15, 2012, 11:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just picked up D3 today, so I suppose I'll be able to weigh in on any issues (if) I have with Tahiti.

Edit: And Soul(tribunal -- there's two souls now), I didn't mean to insult any of you Nvidia boys, either. It just seems like there's a few threads around where people recommend Nvidia solely because AMD's drivers are 'broken'. One person (who I shall not name) last had an AMD GPU 6 years ago, and is still basing his recommendation on that card. I'm just trying to point out that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence (hehe, greener...see what I did there? )

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old June 15, 2012, 01:56 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
I just picked up D3 today, so I suppose I'll be able to weigh in on any issues (if) I have with Tahiti.

Edit: And Soul(tribunal -- there's two souls now), I didn't mean to insult any of you Nvidia boys, either. It just seems like there's a few threads around where people recommend Nvidia solely because AMD's drivers are 'broken'. One person (who I shall not name) last had an AMD GPU 6 years ago, and is still basing his recommendation on that card. I'm just trying to point out that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence (hehe, greener...see what I did there? )
No insult whatsoever. It was actually hilarious for XFX to RMA A card that wasn't defective for me based solely on drivers.
I find a lot of issues stem from what game you are playing at what setting. i.e. If I played Eve without AA my 6950's gave zero issue. If I put AA on it I had massive problems.
But, If I ran it without in other games it gave issues.
WoT also gave big problems on certain driver revisons that CATALYST updates didn't fix.

Now that being said its not greener on the other side recently, as I cannot run 3XX series drivers and neither can my friends on D3 for nVidia. So take what you want from it I suppose.
I, Run both. And I will state my opinion on both. Though I am not lying when I say I am skilling 7XXX this time, much like Skipping BD. I gave them enough of my money for now.

I hope for you it does work.

Soulless, what drivers are you using for your cards? I can maybe advance or revert my brothers and his wives to see if it helps.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 15, 2012, 02:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Soulless, what drivers are you using for your cards? I can maybe advance or revert my brothers and his wives to see if it helps.

-ST
Using the most current driver packs as well as always install
AMD Catalyst Application Profiles0.5 MB12.6 Beta CAP15/31/2012Download
Description:
This release of AMD Catalyst™ delivers support for the latest AMD CrossFireX™ profiles. A separate executable file ensures users have access to the latest set of profiles installed on their PC.

New profiles added to this release:
- Max Payne 3 (DirectX11 version): Improves CrossFire scaling performance
- Krater: Resolves full screen flickering issue
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”