Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/)
-   -   weird black screen (no input signal) (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/54367-weird-black-screen-no-input-signal.html)

CTA June 1, 2012 09:50 PM

weird black screen (no input signal)

this is so frustrated issue...

its not happening at first time but two days and yesterday is just worst of my time...

a long time ago ( 4 months ago?), i got black screen issue.. i was sure it was a driver... and somehow i fixed it with different old driver... afterward its fine until recent...

two days ago, i just got black screen out of the air... for no reasons... yesterday is just worse... i played wot for an hour then crashed... i restarted the computer... it crashed within 5 mins... tried it again... same problem... it just worst of my time...

today, i am trying to figure out the problem... i believe that my gpu is fine (i have two gpu... even set it to factory setting... still same problem) i test rams with memtest+ then scan the malwares, so no problem

i think something is wrong with psu because i notice 3.3v in hw monitor seems too low... about .75v off.. then i check the voltage information in the bios... pretty low... 1v off... i left multimeter at my brother's place... so i cant be so sure..

do you think psu is at the fault? i mean hx1000 was the top dog... so it should be excellent psu...

what do you think?

i am planning to get a new computer anyway... no more ati card, no more 2gpu cards... no more less than 60gb ssd, no more huge psu... no fun...

btw my rig is at my signature... use it for 2 years... no heavily oc or whatever.... but i think the pump use 3.3v too much...

ZZLEE June 1, 2012 10:05 PM

Try revers the sli Bridge ???

CTA June 1, 2012 11:09 PM

what do you mean? i use crossfire hd 6950... but i also tried to disable cf and still same problem...

frontier204 June 2, 2012 06:49 AM

Don't trust any software-based voltage monitor - for instance sensorsd (linux) shows my CPU voltage at 2.05V :haha: Usually if your PSU dies you wouldn't be able to play games for that long, or you'd start seeing parts die permanently.

Before anything else, reset your CMOS and put GPUs to their default clock speeds - no use pulling your hair out trying to test unstable OCs.

Since your memory sounds OK, I'd look at the GPUs then the CPU first. Pick a GPU stress test (OCCT Home or Furmark FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net) and make sure you don't get either graphical issues or insane temperatures. I learned recently that an overheated CPU (in my case Phenom 9950 in my secondary computer) can actually cause the screen to go blank. Run a CPU stress test and again check the temperatures.

CTA June 2, 2012 09:31 AM

of course... it just seems huge number... but today i will try to find multimeter to check psu... i think of that because i tried to crimp the cable together nicely... maybe something in the cable went toasted...

i did reset cmos and update bios... and it last for a while.. then i open more tabs in maxthon3 while surf this forums and the screen went blank...

i did reset the gpu speed to stock (switch 1 and 2)... i basically think gpu is fine (tried both gpu and same problem)... well it might be cpu issue.. i will test cpu.. (i believe its fine because i am too lazy to overclock it...)

btw mine is watercooling... so all temperature is fine... as i check last night...

CTA June 2, 2012 02:19 PM

okay sorry to bump but want to add information

this problem is really strange... i just forget to bring my DVOM from brother's place... and my landlord didnt have... i was like crap but deciding to get psu out and inspection myself... i pulled every cables out and checked inside of the psu from out of the fan... it was fine.. then checked all cables.. it was fine too...

then i re-installed it and rearranged it... and tested the computer with occt ( but i also notice different voltage number in bios and occt... which is better and decent numbers) i tested three things.... cpu gpu and psu... no crashed so far...

i will decide if the issue is solved within 1 day... anyway my conclusion something is wrong with cables... emf? emi? cripple cables? no clue... really weird eh? so i will postpone my shopping list ;]