Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 9, 2012, 07:47 AM
Trial Member
Default LG LCD Display issue thru HDMI fr PC

I have a Dell Latitude trying to connect to my LG LCD through an HDMI cable. When I connect the PC image flashes on the LG then back to the PC and continues in this loop for 30 seconds until it times out. When I first tried this I was getting errors so I downloaded new drivers for the video card with Dell's assistance and it displayed correctly. The next time I connected it would not work again. I redownloaded the driver but had the same issue . I have tried different HDMI cables with no effect, and have connected same Dell to other TV's through HDMI (Samsung, Panasonic, Sony) and had no issues.

Note I have a PS3 and a satellite receiver connected to the same TV with no issues. I have also tried those cables with the Dell and had no success.
Old May 9, 2012, 02:54 PM

Which Dell Latitude is this? Does it have a native HDMI out or are you using a converter?

What's the maximum resolution on your LG LCD? Maybe it's defaulting to a resolution that is outside the range of the LG?
eBay | Heatware

Phenom X4 960T on HWC
PNY GTX 770 on CL
Old May 9, 2012, 03:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

connect it to another tv and set the resolution to the lowest possible setting and try connecting it back to your LG tv.

dell , hdmi , lg lcd