PSU or Motherboard?
So my 24 pin connector on my power supply partially melted yesterday in my motherboard. I've done some poking around the web and it would seem to me its a mb issue, but I'm still a little uncertain. My computer also started to randomly shut off 2 weeks ago, so maybe that was the beginning of the problem?
Only 2 connectors melted and they were both yellow wires (12v)
Has anyone else had this issue?
My system is as follows..
Intel 920 @ stock (was at 3.5 for a while but was having stability issues)
12GB of Corsair Dominator
EVGA 580 GTX Sli
I will also add that everything is watercooled.
Sounds just like a short circuit which sparks melted your connectors. A single water drop could cause this.
Honestly, I couldn't see that being the issue. No water is remotely near the the 24 pin connector.
Done some more digging. Its the motherboard.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:37 PM.|