Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 22, 2012, 12:33 PM
Top Prospect

Hi guys,

I got a problem...
I want to charge my tablet eee pad from asus with an usb
but it will charge so slow I dont know why, I checked the universal serial bus and saw that the bandwith was 1 % ... I guess if I push it up a bit the battery will charge faster? but How can I do it...

I ordered this cable today
USB Data / Lader kabel voor Asus Eee Pad Transformer :: Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime :: Almedo Asus Onderdelen shop Adapter Accu e.a.

and this is the screen with the bandwith
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/6426/naamlooswr.png

hope one of u know what to do :D
or maybe there is some software to help me?

ohh forget to tell...

everytime I check my battery on my tablet you can see how much % it is and the days it lives... if u know what I mean xD ( BAD ENGLISH ) anyway... ahm everytime I press refresh it counts 1 second on it everytime

for example

it has 1 min left
I press 1 sec later refresh
it has 1min 1 sec to live
refresh again
1 min 2 sec
etc...

so that is very slow charging xD

Last edited by Arinoth; March 22, 2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old March 22, 2012, 12:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

It even tells you in the manual that charging in a usb port will take a extremely long time. The only thing that may change this is using a USB 3.0 port with the extra juice to charge faster.

Otherwise you need to use the wall.
Old March 22, 2012, 12:42 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Unfortunately you are mistaken two different things to be the same thing Skozza.

The bandwidth has to do with the amount of data being transfer back and forth along the data lines. These data lines to not suppose the usb device power. The USB cable includes a power and ground cable (brining the total to four) that powers/charges the usb device its plugged into.

I'm going to assume you're using a USB 2.0 motherboard/computer, meaning you're limited to 1.8A. Seeing as the USB Voltage line is 5V it means the maximum your device can be charged a second is 9W, however typically they do not run near their maximum, so we'll say 7.5W.

Unless you have a quick charge motherboard/computer or USB 3.0, you cannot charge faster then you currently are on USB 2.0
Old March 22, 2012, 12:48 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Unfortunately you are mistaken two different things to be the same thing Skozza.

The bandwidth has to do with the amount of data being transfer back and forth along the data lines. These data lines to not suppose the usb device power. The USB cable includes a power and ground cable (brining the total to four) that powers/charges the usb device its plugged into.

I'm going to assume you're using a USB 2.0 motherboard/computer, meaning you're limited to 1.8A. Seeing as the USB Voltage line is 5V it means the maximum your device can be charged a second is 9W, however typically they do not run near their maximum, so we'll say 7.5W.

Unless you have a quick charge motherboard/computer or USB 3.0, you cannot charge faster then you currently are on USB 2.0

tnx thats all I need to know (K)