Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 4, 2012, 10:38 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Intel HD 2000 showing up in CPU-Z

Hi all. After a recent fresh install after not being able to boot into windows after a failed OC attempt, I now notice this showing up in CPU Z which it did not show up before. I also noticed a decline in my graphic performance while playing starcraft 2 in fullscreen mode. I had quite a bit of tearing and I didn't have it before I had to re install everything. Seems to be less tearing when I switch back to windowed (fullscreen) mode which I used to play in before re installations.

I'm not sure why it suddenly is reading this out but it never used to?

Is this affecting my graphics performance?

And how can I remove this from the graphics list in cpu-z?

Old March 4, 2012, 10:49 AM
F@H

My System Specs

All Sandy Bridge (LGA1155) chips have built-in graphics. It shouldn't harm your gaming performance though.

I imagine there should be an option in the BIOS/UEFI to disable it though.
Old March 4, 2012, 11:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Problem is solved! I went into the bios and disabled the lucid virtu. This n00b thanks you JD

Anyone have any comments or input about Lucid Virtu? Is it good or bad?
Old March 9, 2012, 02:09 PM
Rookie

If you're transcoding video, then yes, Lucid Virtu is worth it. Otherwise, not so much. Power savings depend on what discrete card you have. I used a KillAWatt meter on my computer before and after I added a Cyclone 460GTX. I found it idles at about 14W, which is peanuts.
Lucid Virtu working with the ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard - YouTube
Old March 9, 2012, 05:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

turning it off is point less it wont affect anything unless you have it setup to to use it i.e running your screens off the IO of your motherboard if you have it running off the gpu's then it wont even use your on chip gpu.

If you want to use it for transcoding then setup the other way through your on board so when gaming it will run it through your gpu's for the better performance. I personal don't care and just run it through my gpu's

P.S gpu-z just reads all available gpu in the system