Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 1, 2012, 08:02 PM
Rookie

Default SSD slow write speeds?

I recently purchased 2 90Gb Corsair Force GT SSD's and currently have them in a RAID 0 config. I ran crystal disk mark and the read speeds are 923MBPS but the write speeds are only 253MBPS. Thats below the stock drive speeds. What could be causing this?

Thanks
Old March 7, 2012, 05:03 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

You should probably post your system specs, what you've tried, what test is proving this and any thing else you can think of.

Got RST installed? All I got without more info...
Old March 7, 2012, 06:02 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

First thing is to figure out if its in a degraded state. Easiest way...run ATTO. See what the write speeds are like. Crystal Diskmark uses incompressible data so the GTs speed WILL be lower than the "rated" specs (read never really goes down only write). IF it also sucks....your in a degraded state. Welcome to the downside of SF221 drives in a RAID config.

IF its not "low"...thats as good as its going to get. Welcome to the wonderful world of RAID 1 SSDs using lower mid-tier drives.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Tags
raid 0 , slow hdd , ssd