Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 28, 2012, 04:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default My mother board stopped seeing any of my Drives

Strange thing happened , I wanted to check out the review 7770 video card that arived today so I shut dont my pc unplugged PSU pushed the power button again ( Like I always do) to release any leftover electricity , pulled out my card and put in the 7770 card hooked up the power to it and everything else ( monitor ) then pluged everything back in powered up but on boot I was getting a windows error saying for me to put in the windows 7 disk to repair OS , SO I did but nothing happened I waited for a while then rebooted still same message, I though that just maybe the video card and my Asus AMD sabertooth motherboard didn't like each other so I switched everything back to the way it was befor, same error I double checed that I didn't accidently unpluig something else , everything looked fine so I booted and then went intop the bios and it only shows that my DVD rom was there.
I decided that maybe I messed up my SSD and my other hard drive so I shut down unplued both HD and SSD drive and put in a different HArd drive still nothing .< I even tryed different sata cables , I even disconected my DVD and hooked up to that becasue I knew that it was working with thwe same cables .

I am stuck now I am not sure hwat is going on.
Old February 28, 2012, 04:50 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Try clearing the CMOS yet?

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.
Old February 28, 2012, 06:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I reset it but now it only will see one drive, my SSD intel I think is toast I plugged it into a different pc and it wasn't seen. a spare SSD I have loads up if it is the only hard drive plugged into the mother boardI wonder if a PSU problem could be causing this then toasted my SSD in the process,