Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 9, 2012, 01:38 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I have had virus do slowdowns, BSOD, play with drivers, kill my anti-virus you name it the name Virus very much suits what they are, anything a computer can do, a Virus can esily mess with(they are controlled mostly by software after all, all it takes is the microcode to be borked with, and there you go)

I would check to make sure the cpu is set where it needs to be, that cool and quiet and such are ramping up/down as they should be, and for that matter, if the board that the cpu is on is within "spec" I know if for example using a Phenom II on an am3 board that is not reaching its proper power or whatever levels, it can stress the parts out to where a safety kicks in and the chip is basically told not to do it anymore, I doubt such is the problem, but it can be.

Alll the above suggestions though, and just double check the BIOS settings to make sure it did not get declocked or whatever, obviously if the cpu is being told to run constant at 1.2Ghz vs the 3.4 or whatever, massive performance loss. In this regard, make sure the ht link or base clock multiplier is where it should be, I believe it is a base HT of x5 or something like that. For me, 955 its base is 200x16=3200 I do not see a base HT multi, cpu-z does show it though :P
Old February 10, 2012, 10:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I checked all of the above, and nope nothing seems out of the ordinary. Only solution now is to format...