Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 6, 2012, 11:39 AM
Rookie

Default Avermedia C027 Capture Card Input Lag? Help Please

Hey everyone... just received my Avermedia C027 capture card today. One thing I noticed when I connected everything and started recording.... a noticeable delay in my controls when I play on my Xbox. I use an HDMI Splitter (non-powered) and connect on HDMI cable to the capture card and the other one to the monitor.

What's causing the lag.... is it the capture card device or the splitter?

Same question for the Hauppauge HD PVR, does the device itself create any sort of lag while playing?

Thanks!
Old February 6, 2012, 11:53 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNiTRo View Post
Hey everyone... just received my Avermedia C027 capture card today. One thing I noticed when I connected everything and started recording.... a noticeable delay in my controls when I play on my Xbox. I use an HDMI Splitter (non-powered) and connect on HDMI cable to the capture card and the other one to the monitor.

What's causing the lag.... is it the capture card device or the splitter?

Same question for the Hauppauge HD PVR, does the device itself create any sort of lag while playing?

Thanks!
Quite common for this and nothing you can do about it.
Old February 6, 2012, 12:43 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Quite common for this and nothing you can do about it.
What's causing the delay? Is it the device itself or the HDMI splitter?
Old February 6, 2012, 08:39 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

The device will have some lag because the computer has to process the incoming signal. However if you have it split off and you have lag on a connection directly to a monitor or tv and there's still lag it will be because of the splitter or monitor/tv itself.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.
Old February 6, 2012, 09:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

IIRC my card is a C027. It only lags if you use 1080i. I have no issues whatsoever with 720p though.(at least none that I have noticed) I used to use a PS3 with this card as it's only display and now use an Xbox360 with this card as it's only display.
*shrug*

What are the specs of your PC? However even the terribly slow 2.1GHz RM-72 Turion junk in my notebook can do 720p reasonably well as far as I recall from the tests I did. (with the card connected via a PCI-E to mPCI-E adapter)

Last edited by MacJunky; February 6, 2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old February 6, 2012, 10:31 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNiTRo View Post
I use an HDMI Splitter (non-powered) and connect on HDMI cable to the capture card and the other one to the monitor.
You're looking at your PC output on the monitor, not the split HDMI from the Xbox. Change the input on the monitor to select the split HDMI instead of the PC.
Old February 7, 2012, 06:35 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
IIRC my card is a C027. It only lags if you use 1080i. I have no issues whatsoever with 720p though.(at least none that I have noticed) I used to use a PS3 with this card as it's only display and now use an Xbox360 with this card as it's only display.
*shrug*

What are the specs of your PC? However even the terribly slow 2.1GHz RM-72 Turion junk in my notebook can do 720p reasonably well as far as I recall from the tests I did. (with the card connected via a PCI-E to mPCI-E adapter)
i7 920
gtx 285
4 gb of RAM
some EVGA motherboard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardric View Post
You're looking at your PC output on the monitor, not the split HDMI from the Xbox. Change the input on the monitor to select the split HDMI instead of the PC.
I have the splitter cable (the male part) connected to the xbox, then one cable goes to the capture card, and the other one goes to the monitor.