Default memory dump error need help

so i finally build my new computer this is what i got
Intel Core i3 2100 Dual Core Processor:
Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
Corsair XMS3 8GB kit
ATI Radeon HD6870 1GB
750W Corsair Modular Power Supply
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm main harddrive

but im running into a problem, after about 20 mins the system gets a blue screen with a memory dump error, i have tried removing the ram and booting and all at and even have done the memtest to test the ram but still no luck, u need some of your wisdom. this doesn't happen all the time but in a 24 hours period it has happened 6 times so far need your help lol

now it happened agion just surfing the web
Old February 5, 2012, 08:52 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Right click my computer and click properties. Click the advanced tab. Click Startup and Recovery. Take the tick out of the box for Automatically restart and click ok. Next time you get the memory dump it won't restart the computer automatically. On that memory dump screen, it will tell you the cause of the memory dump. It can be an error (ie not less than or equal: which can point to memory) or it will list a file, which can indicate a driver issue. If you've already ran memtest and it's passing, there are any number of issues that can cause BSOD's. Write down the error your getting the next time it BSOD's so we can narrow down the possibilities.

You can also check event viewer in Control Panel -> Administrator Tools -> Event Viewer. Look through the logs and see if there's a listing for an event that corresponds with the time that the computer crashed. You often get quite a few errors and warnings during startup so it may not be first in the list. So take note of the time when you BSOD to make it easier to locate the log. If it's a BSOD and if there is a log, it will most likely be in the critical section.

Also what are your temps like? Are you overclocking your computer? When does it happen most often? Is it pretty typical that it's every 20 minutes or is it more random?
Old February 5, 2012, 08:31 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

no im not overclocking it, its all stock lol. its more random then anything as far as when it crashed and its not passing the memtest now i got to fails last night as i ran the test all night +5 hours or so,and as far as temps go its right on the money bc im not taxing the system just watching a movie lol.

i have been doing some reading and i think its a ram issues bc alot of people had a problem with the ram a got so it will be going back tomorrow
Old February 5, 2012, 08:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Which components, if any, are overclocked? What are the timings etc on your memory?
Old February 5, 2012, 08:53 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

this is what i am running its corsair ddr3 ram
nope none are overclocked the times isTimings: 9-9-9-24
Voltage: 1.65 V

and it just crashed again watching a video lol
Old February 5, 2012, 08:55 PM
F@H

My System Specs

To help somewhat pin it down, download 'Whocrashed' as that can read the crashdump files and it can help us a bit.

Also, if you running Win7 do a few passes of Windows memory diagnostic (or make a disk with Memtest on it and run it to test your RAM).
Most of the time, its a RAM thing.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 5, 2012, 09:03 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Welcome to WhoCrashed (HOME EDITION) v 3.03

This program checks for drivers which have been crashing your computer. If your computer has displayed a blue screen of death, suddenly rebooted or shut down then this program will help you find the root cause and possibly a solution.

Whenever a computer suddenly reboots without displaying any notice or blue screen of death, the first thing that is often thought about is a hardware failure. In reality, on Windows most crashes are caused by malfunctioning device drivers and kernel modules. In case of a kernel error, many computers do not show a blue screen unless they are configured for this. Instead these systems suddenly reboot without any notice.

This program will analyze your crash dumps with the single click of a button. It will tell you what drivers are likely to be responsible for crashing your computer. If will report a conclusion which offers suggestions on how to proceed in any situation while the analysis report will display internet links which will help you further troubleshoot any detected problems.

To obtain technical support visit www.resplendence.com/support

Click here to check if you have the latest version or if an update is available.

Just click the Analyze button for a comprehensible report ...

Home Edition Notice

This version of WhoCrashed is free for use at home only. If you would like to use this software at work or in a commercial environment you should get the professional edition of WhoCrashed which also allows analysis of crashdumps on remote drives and computers on the network and offers a range of additional features.

Click here for more information on the professional edition.
Click here to buy the the professional edition of WhoCrashed.

System Information (local)

computer name: WHITEOUT-PC
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz Intel586, level: 6
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 8503017472 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1981517824

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 2/6/2012 3:43:54 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020512-12105-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7CC40)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x8884, 0xFFFFFA800322E4E0, 0xFFFFFA8003249510, 0x105)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 2/6/2012 3:43:54 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: aswsnx.sys (aswSnx+0x1C2C4)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x8884, 0xFFFFFA800322E4E0, 0xFFFFFA8003249510, 0x105)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\aswsnx.sys
product: avast! Antivirus System
company: AVAST Software
description: avast! Virtualization Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: aswsnx.sys (avast! Virtualization Driver, AVAST Software).
Google query: aswsnx.sys AVAST Software MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Conclusion

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

aswsnx.sys (avast! Virtualization Driver, AVAST Software)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

well running this program it says the antivirus i run is the cause
Old February 5, 2012, 09:06 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Nuke the Anti-Virus and try MSE instead and see if it still does it.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 5, 2012, 09:08 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

okay did i read it right as it was saying the anti virus was the cause? and i already deleted the avast lol installing mse now
Old February 5, 2012, 09:19 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

well i got rid of the anti virus and was sitting here reading a web page and it crashed agion lol. so i guess it is the memory?