Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 29, 2012, 12:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Hard locks on 2P folder

I decided to keep my 2P folder as a base machine and transform it into a multimedia station for me. Because it came with no sound I installed an Audigy 2ZS sound card that worked fine in my sig rig for at least a week. When installed in the 2P folder and listening to online music I get a hard lock after approx 5 mins. Sound card has latest driver provided by Creative. Without the sound card system was working fine, folding fine, no issues. it is true that the sound card is installed into a PCI X port but this should not make a difference as they are backwards compatible with PCI devices. Mobo has latest bios update. Any ideas?
Isuue solved installing a USB sound card.

Last edited by MARSTG; February 4, 2012 at 10:33 AM.